Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

17 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Fair enough.

The original poster clarified his thoughts re: wages and transfer fee etc so I probably agree to an extent.

On another note What most Gabby haters like to use, even purposely so, is his "ratio: goals" etc. when in all honesty every Villa fan knows Gabby is more of a "Forward (LW/RW)" than a "Striker".

They just don't like him so the goalpost will continually move no matter which of the previous complaints they had about him he fixes/makes up for, so he could bust his gut, get 300 assists in a game and it would still be....... BUT...... Shisha Pipe.......Flabby (Even though he looks almost at his best)........ Pregnant Women........ Old.... Thick..... etc

i'd be surprised if he got 1 assist every 300 games.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Derryvillan said:

SSN online Regional paper talk says Sunderland are one of a number of clubs interested in Joe Lolley.

Whats the chances we're one of them?

He could genuinely be a good signing to be fair. Another option to play in behind the striker or on the wing. Would imagine signing for Villa would bring out the best in him as well with his desire to do well here.

Also what a great story it would be for him and also for VT!

Wouldn't hold your breath guys. Bruce has been on Talksport this afternoon saying we won't sign a replacement for Grealish unless we sell players due to FFP....however he may bring one in on loan!

Think the old doctor may have to rethink the "challenging for the premier league in 5 years" rubbish he came out with last year :-) We'll be lucky to be in the prem in that time.....thought this guy was minted? The clubs with real money take no notice of FFP whatsoever....we are already using it as an excuse after 12 months....imagine what it will be like in a years time...!

2 hours ago, ViewFromT2 said:

Wouldn't hold your breath guys. Bruce has been on Talksport this afternoon saying we won't sign a replacement for Grealish unless we sell players due to FFP....however he may bring one in on loan!

Think the old doctor may have to rethink the "challenging for the premier league in 5 years" rubbish he came out with last year :-) We'll be lucky to be in the prem in that time.....thought this guy was minted? The clubs with real money take no notice of FFP whatsoever....we are already using it as an excuse after 12 months....imagine what it will be like in a years time...!

It's not an excuse and it's not about the owner. The club has to operate to a certain financial standard and the owner cannot pump money it to avoid it (beyond a certain level). Xia could be the richest man in the world and it wouldn't really make any difference. The rules have changed and the potential punishments are more severe. You either stick to them, or gamble and hope the punishment is only financial. 

There's currently around £12m per year, sat on our wage bill and not really offering much. Shift that and I'm sure we'll see a couple of new faces come in. 

I think any further action might come right up to the wire. I think there'll be a couple of last minute additions if we can shift some more out. I think we'll get Crouch in before the window closes. 

3 hours ago, ViewFromT2 said:

Lots of jumping to conclusions there fair play it's quite impressive. FFP has to be adhered to and seeing as we've spent bucketload last summer and iJanuary it's no surprise we need to be careful. We already have a very good squad but have a bloated playing staff that needs culling. I'm sure you'd agree with that? I'm sure if SB wanted a special player we'd find the resources some how. By the end of the window a few more will have gone and I think we will get in another attacker. Can you name these clubs with real money that don't care about FFP? 

• Like 3

Reading on twitter that media from Uruguay saying we are on the verge of signing Hernandez. 

With uncertainty how long Kodjia will be out for and Hogan not looking good I'd be happy with this. 

Not sure how we can with FFP though, unless McCormack is going for decent money. 

We certainly need a different option up front and Hernandez is proven at Championship level but I was expecting more of a target man for Hogan to play off whilst Kodja is out.

Although I too am starting to wonder how many more departures are in the pipeline given the FFP position mentioned by @DCJonahand Bruce himself today.

Could it be that we've finally learnt how to get good deals by pleading poverty? That or some kid from South America is having a laugh at our expense!

Yeah I was thinking do we really need another striker but given how bad our recruitment has been last 12 months...we certainly do.

And Bruce would actually have a clue how to use him unlike McCormack and Hogan given he scored 20 goals at this level two years ago for Hull under his management.

I'd rather sign a target man as I think Hernandez is too similar to Kodjia. He's only ever had 1 prolific season but it was Bruce that got him firing so I won't be too against the signing if it happens

21 minutes ago, abdomlahor said:

i don't get why we'd sign hernandez when we already have kodjia. plus, we already know hernandez isn't any good in the premier league if we go up

Let's worry about getting out of the Championship first. Good addition if it comes off.