17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

1 minute ago, Eastie said:

If your on kindle tro you can get his autobiography for a quid  - a very good book , one of the top 10 I’ve read on sports and I’ve read 100s down the years..

thanks mate ....I will.

He's one of them love/ hate characters......but 70, you have to rate his passion.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TRO said:

thanks mate ....I will.

He's one of them love/ hate characters......but 70, you have to rate his passion.

Like I said before I don’t like him for the way he kicked off at graham Taylor back in 88- can’t  believe it was 30 yrs ago 

‘I think he was managing notts county at the time?

Edited by Eastie

1 point from a possible 6 against two play off rivals. Not great, but it's not the end of the world. 3 games against lower opposition next. 

Sheffield Wednesday 

Qpr

Sunderland

at least 7 points from those are needed to keep us around that second spot. Taking wolves out of the equation, the league table, top, and bottom is very tight this season. We really need to kick on again. 

A point against a side who have only lost one in the previous sixteen,  while we’re also missing our most creative player and top goal scorer (and Snodgrass for half of it) isn’t the end of the world.

We need to start picking up the wins again soon though.

6 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

A point against a side who have only lost one in the previous sixteen,  while we’re also missing our most creative player and top goal scorer (and Snodgrass for half of it) isn’t the end of the world.

We need to start picking up the wins again soon though.

well said. I actually come away from that result thinking its a very lucky point, and luck is needed to get promoted. Still in the hunt, just need Cardiff to fack up a little bit. 

18 minutes ago, Jareth said:

well said. I actually come away from that result thinking its a very lucky point, and luck is needed to get promoted. Still in the hunt, just need Cardiff to fack up a little bit. 

I dunno if I'd say we were lucky.  We should've had a penalty in the 3rd minute, for a start.  We had plenty of shots on target too.

As I said in the Ratings thread, I can see why they're up the table.  They're a tough side to beat - they chase everything, and kick it when they catch it.  They're a side in the mould of their manager, and he's a proper bell end.

Given we're without Kodjia, Jack, Adomah, Elmo, Snodgrass, I think we've shown we can fight and grind out a result - even if we didn't win.  We just need a couple of them back and we'll start beating teams again.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NurembergVillan said:

I dunno if I'd say we were lucky.  We should've had a penalty in the 3rd minute, for a start.  We had plenty of shots on target too.

As I said in the Ratings thread, I can see why they're up the table.  They're a tough side to beat - they chase everything, and kick it when they catch it.  They're a side in the mould of their manager, and he's a proper bell end.

Given we're without Kodjia, Jack, Adomah, Elmo, Snodgrass, I think we've shown we can fight and grind out a result - even if we didn't win.  We just need a couple of them back and we'll start beating teams again.

Penalty for what? 

I think they deserved to edge the win to be fair. They looked the much better team. 

• Like 1