17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

Had a 'proper' go.

Derby 2nd, above you by 1 point (said you drew your last game, so you bottled it- sorry)

Ourselves 2 points behind you in 4th and Cardiff 5th.

So we'll beat the sheep abusers and face you in the playoff final and get revenge for the 5-0, easy peasy :P

I gave each team a couple of 'shock' draws or defeats, and put in our traditional defeat to Birmingham.

2 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Had a 'proper' go.

Derby 2nd, above you by 1 point (said you drew your last game, so you bottled it- sorry)

Ourselves 2 points behind you in 4th and Cardiff 5th.

So we'll beat the sheep abusers and face you in the playoff final and get revenge for the 5-0, easy peasy :P

I gave each team a couple of 'shock' draws or defeats, and put in our traditional defeat to Birmingham.

Come now James - you must stop hitting the whiskey so early in the day :D

you be lucky to win another game this season ;)

I doubt any of us expected to win 7 on the trot but we have now got ourselves in a cracking position with 14 games to go. We can’t afford a blip though so tonight is massive. A win and we forget about Saturday but if we don’t the pressure starts to crank up. We’ve got enough depth in our squad to not allow 2 injuries to derail as much as it did on Saturday so it’s a big game for Bruce tonight. Most of us would agree he messed up on Saturday so I hope tonight we don’t let them gain any initiative in the game. Last night 2 of our brightest prospects yet again tore up the u23’s they should be involved more. We need an attacking threat off of the bench and I don’t think Davis gives us that. We are at home tonight go at them. We need 30 pts for automatic and can get 12 in the next 4 if we are at it. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

It might be somone else your facing.

We will be in 2nd hopefully and gone if things go our way.

Come the play offs both us and Bristol city will hopefully be relaxing on the beach for very different reasons ;)

Just now, Eastie said:

Come the play offs both us and Bristol city will hopefully be relaxing on the beach for very different reasons ;)

Yep. Things need to change quickly for them. They are sliding down this league.. 

The question is can they save their season and cling onto that final play-off position.

2 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Yep. Things need to change quickly for them. They are sliding down this league.. 

The question is can they save their season and cling onto that final play-off position.

We have certainly tailed off a bit, but (unlikely as it may be) with the right results we could end up 2 points behind second after the weekends games. With the right results we could be closer to 2nd than 7th by 10pm Wednesday.

Although an optimist I'm not totally deluded though. Top 2 is likely beyond us now (but still possible), but I'm 90% sure we will be in the playoffs if we don't make top 2.

7 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

We have certainly tailed off a bit, but (unlikely as it may be) with the right results we could end up 2 points behind second after the weekends games. With the right results we could be closer to 2nd than 7th by 10pm Wednesday.

Although an optimist I'm not totally deluded though. Top 2 is likely beyond us now (but still possible), but I'm 90% sure we will be in the playoffs if we don't make top 2.

Deluded no ,  but likely drunk ;)

‘one win in 11 and Fulham and Cardiff to play next :(

‘that said if you did beat both it would be very good for us.

Edited by Eastie

7 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Cardiff away will be a very tricky game with Warnock and co.  :unsure:

Edited by AvfcRigo82

23 minutes ago, Eastie said:

That's a given, I live in a Rovers area of the city which means being drunk is essential. ;)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Eastie said:

Of course we need to get out of it but I will miss this league - scrapping around in the lower to mid reaches of the premiership will not be as exciting .

Last season wasn’t enough exciting and it’s onky been the last 7 wins that have got a bit of excitement building. The next 14 should be memorable let’s hope it’s for the right reason. 

• Like 1