17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Cardiff away will be a very tricky game with Warnock and co.  :unsure:

Will be very difficult, but we played them at their own game in the home match and won.

Warnock genuinely dislikes us, he managed to have a dig at us talking about Man City vs Wigan and he isn't thought of too fondly by our fans either :D

16 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I just did the predictor and had :

2nd villa - 89 ,

3rd Derby 88,

4th Fulham 86,

5th Cardiff -86,

6th Preston 81.

it definitely seems like we have the easiest run as the above included draws to Preston Ipswich and Cardiff and defeats to Derby and Wolves. 

I am not sure it boils down to who has the easiest run.......I think it is more likely to be, who can muster the level of consistency to win matches.

I think the danger with Saturday and yes, just one game....but it was the predictability of the result.....not many of us fancied it, to be fair.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TRO said:

I am not sure it boils down to who has the easiest run.......I think it is more likely to be, who can muster the level of consistency to win matches.

I think the danger with Saturday and yes, just one game....but it was the predictability of the result.....not many of us fancied it, to be fair.

It was predictable after we found out Grealish and Albert were out. They still are, but we're at home and Preston is arguably not on Fulham's level, so we just might nick it.

8 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Can anybody do one of these emulators that result in us winning by more than 1 point

.....most of us will end up having to wear nappies before the end of the season!

I did the evening mail predictor for the rest of the season and had villa in 2nd on 87 points , derby 84, Fulham 82, Cardiff 78 and boro 76 

Edited by Eastie
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Eastie said:

I did the evening mail predictor for the rest of the season and had villa in 2nd on 87 points , derby 84, Fulham 82, Cardiff 78 and boro 76 

Now that is more like it!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Will be very difficult, but we played them at their own game in the home match and won.

Warnock genuinely dislikes us, he managed to have a dig at us talking about Man City vs Wigan and he isn't thought of too fondly by our fans either :D

Is he thought of fondly anywhere?

The man is a cretin.

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I like him. Especially on the radio. 

Not a fan of his dirty tactics though but can't argue with the results. 

I like his firm determination and single mindedness in approaching games.....The drive and passion to win.

sure he's a **** if you are opposing him, but if I was in a trench, Neil Warnock would be ok beside me.

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

I have no idea. I should have mentioned I meant Cardiff result. It's amazing what he has done this season. 

It is and he did an amazing job at Rotherham too , a yo-yo manager though , up and down more times than a whores knickers .

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Doesn’t he hold the record for most managerial sackings ?

do you think he cares?

thinks he has had most clubs, so you are probably right.

Edited by TRO

Just now, TRO said:

I like his firm determination and single mindedness in approaching games.....The drive and passion to win.

sure he's a **** if you are opposing him, but if I was in a trench, Neil Warnock would be ok beside me.

If your on kindle tro you can get his autobiography for a quid  - a very good book , one of the top 10 I’ve read on sports and I’ve read 100s down the years..