Pre Match Thread

pacbuddies

27 minutes ago, BOF said:

I'd certainly expect both of them to be gettable, but then I don't rate them as highly as Wagner.  I'd say Dyche is to Wagner what Allardyce is to Wenger.

Like I said mate time will tell I guess. As things stand today I would take both Howe and Dyce over him. If he is as highly rated in the game as you rate him then I am sure he will get his chance at a much bigger club soon.

20 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Why does it matter? 

I notice a lot of people are still hung up on this name business. Perhaps you're unaware that at one time we were in the 3rd division. Shit happens. 

I am well aware thank you very much. My first visit to VP was in the 3rd division. What does it matter to you? My post was aimed at someone else!

49 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

No but I would absolutely take it, for continuity and confidence. We can continue to improve as a team and lose next week ;)

And I understand what you are saying, but my eyes are now firmly fixed on next season.

5 hours ago, BOF said:

On a relate note, I do wonder are his detractors still calling him flavour of the month or are we allowed to contemplate yet that he might be a good manager?  I'd hate to jump the gun on that :P

I don't think anything has changed on that point. 

I don't think anyone was ever doubting that he was doing a good job with Huddersfield and appeared to be a good manager. 

The detractors, in your words, were not so confident that he could do the same elsewhere. Not because of anything he is or isn't doing at Huddersfield. Just because we've seen so often managers do very well at a club, appear to be the next big thing and then move somewhere else and they don't cut it. 

Lambert, Coyle, Martinez etc would be examples. 

I don't think anyone was saying Wagner WON'T be a good manager elsewhere. They, me included, just expressed concern that he may be a gamble for another club to go for. 

I still think that. 

• Like 1

Just now, Phumfeinz said:

What a massively shit period to be a villa fan this is when we're scared about Huddersfield.

You may be scared of them but I'm not and I'm sure Aston Villa players and staff are not scared either - we respect them yes , scared - not on your nelly !!!!

I'd say they're more scared of us.  On current form and on paper we're in a false position.  I bet they'd much rather have played us a month ago.  To call us a banana skin would be an understatement, whereas we're on the up and we rightly fear no-one.

I'd quite happily take a point and that alone would add confidence to the team. I think tonight is one of those games where we could come away with 3 points or we could get hammered. I have no clue how tonight will go but I am more confident than I normally would be. 

• Like 1

I want to win like the next man.....but I just hope we give them a game.

They have won 12 at home.....we have won 3 away.

tough call.

Edited by TRO

We need to stay tight, avoid gung-ho......and grow in to the game......quieten the crowd, get them agitated.

Frustrate them and catch them on the counter.

The longer we can keep a clean sheet, the better chance we have.

An emergence of some kind of playing style would be nice . All the best managers drill pattern of play into training constantly, yet we still look like a team of strangers . If Hourihane , Lansbury  and Jedinak start to gel then they could be a real force.