Chris Samba

midian

There was a moment in our box in the first half where the ball was bouncing around  a very congested area and it fell into a bit of space about 5 yards in front of the big man.

I think if any attacker had tried to get in the way of his clearance they would have had to call an ambulance.

Surprising enough no one made a move!

The man is a monster!

On 11/21/2017 at 22:54, OutByEaster? said:

I'd like to have Sambas performances described to me, rather than watching them.

It'd be soothing having someone say:

Samba has tackled the forward.

Samba has cleared the ball beyond half way.

Samba has passed to Chester.

Because in actual fact, what he does is quite okay.

It's the watching him, it's watching those arms and legs, sometimes in slow motion, sometimes in different directions, he's awkward and strange, it's watching that weird tackling he does where the ball sort of bobbles about between him and the forward and you're convinced the player is going past him then doesn't, everything is terrifying to watch - but actually he's defending pretty well. 

Ungamely like Crouch.

but then after watching him for a while, its clear, like Crouch, he's effective.

its not so long ago he was transfered twice for c 12 mill......He was awesome at Blackburn.

seems a decent sort too.....in contrast to the likes of McCormack.

I like his approach to the game.

Edited by TRO

Nicked this from a Facebook post. Sums it up pretty much for me.

"He makes defending look difficult. His inability on the ball causes major problems as with Chester and Terry they’re both comfortable on the ball and can pass. Chester never passed to Samba once, for good reason. Like Hutton he’s a last ditch defender who makes blocks and challenges but due, in Samba’s case, to lack of pace and positional sense, rarely makes interceptions. He’s a big lump who can head a ball. Against nimble opponents like last night he looks lost. Scares the crap out of me every time he gets the ball."

With that said he's been less exposed than I feared he would. He's doing OK considering his obvious flaws. Can't fault his determination or attitude.

Not counting the 2 Adomah goals my favorite moment of today's game was when Samba first shrugged off the Ipswich players who was trying to climb over him to win the ball and then booted the ball full force right in the face of the poor Ipswich player standing next to him:D

Sums him up pretty much.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, sne said:

Not counting the 2 Adomah goals my favorite moment of today's game was when Samba first shrugged off the Ipswich players who was trying to climb over him to win the ball and then booted the ball full force right in the face of the poor Ipswich player standing next to him:D

Sums him up pretty much.

I laughed like a maniac at that.

13 hours ago, LxYoungAVFC said:

An absolute tank and has cult hero potential. Played very well today. Does he have a song yet?

Gotta be something doable from 'we built this city'...

Brucey signed Chris Samba, nightmare for the oppo,

Don't you remember, he stops them scoring, he stops them scoring an-y goals,

He stops them scoring, stops them scoring an-y goals,

Stops them scoring, he stops them scoring an-y goals.

Â