Chris Samba

midian

He worked really hard to be here and I doubt that he would want to do anything other than play for us if fit to do so.

Does anyone know how long he is expected to be out for? Or could this just be "fake news" from "SKY sources" in an attempt to explain why we would not want to accept a reported loan offer made for Elphick? :detect:  

Edited by John
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Sorry but I don't agree.

As good or as bad as Samba is, I don't think this is a fair accusation.

The guy has been here since January (IIRC). Just "training" with the team with no guarantee of a trial, let alone a contract.

The guy trained, presumably unpaid, for about 6 months before we considered him. He's worked **** hard to be playing for us. If the ability isn't there then fair enough, but I think it's unfair to be labelling him as a money grabber.

Of course money is a factor. But no more than any other player playing the game for money.

Absolutely. It's just an easy jibe to throw his way. 

He has his limitations these days but I can't grasp some of the stuff I'm reading in here. It reads like stuff pre-prepared, ready to trot out regardless of what he does. An injury is ample opportunity for some to stick the knife in and then others to twist it. 

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
Â