Chris Samba

midian

I usually sit in the upper holte but today i was front row in the witton and you really see what a unit this bloke is close up. The size difference between him and O'hare during the pre match drills was quite funny. 

Was the perfect player to bring on for the last few minutes today so full credit to Bruce. Made a number of headed clearances and then that last header which was as good as a goal.

Much better than when we were bringing him on at the other end of the pitch desperate for a goal!

• Like 2

On 10/1/2017 at 01:04, tom_avfc said:

Was the perfect player to bring on for the last few minutes today so full credit to Bruce. Made a number of headed clearances and then that last header which was as good as a goal.

Yep. Bolton had already gone full on long ball desperation, so it made perfect sense to bring Samba on in that scenario.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

he got beat about 68 times during the build up for their second goal ..impressive work

looks way off the pace today  , can see it being a cricket score if they target him rather than sitting back

• Haha 1

On 30/09/2017 at 22:15, brommy said:

Samba was destined to play for Villa after working with Tom Hanks on The Green Mile.

I very nearly had to spit my beer all over the floor just then. 

• Like 1

Great for comedy value but if we are to rely on him we are in big trouble. 

He had barely been on one minute before the ball went right through him and nearly resulted in their third. 

In nearly 30 years of watching Villa play I have never known a player actually be laughed at during play. We've had players we've cheered for and certainly loads that have been jeered at, even screamed at. But today there was audible laughing from the crowd every time he got the ball. On one occassion he went on a little, incredibly clumsy, run and you could actually hear the Holte laughing with an ironic cheer at the end.

He's an absolute liability. A joke. It is an embarrassment to this club that we have sunk to the level where he needs to be our first choice CB now. So to then add to that insult and suggest he's now our best striking option is one of the most depressing pictures I've ever had of this club. Embarrassing isn't the word. 

If this is the case going forward then we stand ZERO chance of going up. I don't find it amusing, I find it an absolute disgrace we find ourselves in this situation and demonstrating this much lack of planning and desperation. I'm more fed up tonight than I have been in YEARS.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I have a feeling that this season we will stumble through to the playoffs and inevitably bring Samba on to play up front for the last five minutes of the second leg when we are chasing two goals before the season ends in oblivion.

• Like 1

Â