Match Thread: Newcastle v Villa

limpid

1 minute ago, terrytini said:

I've seen really good effort,really good runs from Hogan and Hourihane/ Lansbury, and I've seen us getting stuck in. Also finally seen us pressing the opposition. We've looked more aggressive too.

Sadly Bruce has taken so long to get us doing those elementary things - having played wrong systems and wrong tactics for God knows how long - it is evident there is no shape or pattern to what the players are doing. The players look poorer than they deserve because nobody knows where to expect someone.

Some will argue that's an argument for giving Bruce more time but he only needs the time to do that because he's done nothing about that in the 20 plus games he's had. Giving him more time to NOT do it makes no sense.

Adfitionally we are needlessly playing Thor ( presumably for his 'fight') where it surely must be Green or Adomah.

To be fair there's been a lot of positives, but ther'es also been comical rubbish ad a stream of easy passes to play someone in or just to keep the ball that have been gifted to them.

Mixed bag, but end result is us being ole'd and 2-0 down.

Is Bruce actually alive? Does he see what we see? Does he know he can make subs? Tactical changes? **** anything at all happening in your brain Steve? Hello?

Geordie Spud Word removed.

Edited by Ingram85

If anyone can find me 3 worse teams in this league I would have to call you a dirty liar.

The wins just aren't coming Bruce mate, you have one more game to save your job. Lose heavily to derby and I would expect you to do the decent thing and just walk away of your own accord.

One of our problems is that when you arrive in every game at the hour mark a goal down or worse - the last half hour is just a bunch of shell shocked players without a clue looking like rabbits in headlights. Which means by the time we get to the end of games it looks even worse than it is.

If we're ever going to win a game again, we need to do it in the first half.

• Like 1

Made it so easy for them second half. Despite a completely new team, we are still so mentally weak. As soon as we concede, we go to pit, sit back and start launching the ball. I really don't know what we are going to do to change it. Even if Bruce goes we'll just ruin another manager.