Match Thread: Newcastle v Villa

limpid

I've seen really good effort,really good runs from Hogan and Hourihane/ Lansbury, and I've seen us getting stuck in. Also finally seen us pressing the opposition. We've looked more aggressive too.

Sadly Bruce has taken so long to get us doing those elementary things - having played wrong systems and wrong tactics for God knows how long - it is evident there is no shape or pattern to what the players are doing. The players look poorer than they deserve because nobody knows where to expect someone.

Some will argue that's an argument for giving Bruce more time but he only needs the time to do that because he's done nothing about that in the 20 plus games he's had. Giving him more time to NOT do it makes no sense.

Adfitionally we are needlessly playing Thor ( presumably for his 'fight') where it surely must be Green or Adomah.

Just now, Villanun said:

Keeper was out quickly to smother it, not much else Thor could do.

Oh I dunno, he went for power, a side foot would have done as the keeper wouldn't have been able to have got down if it was that 

Does Bruce not realise were 2 - 0 down

There is this thing in football called substitutions.

Oh i forgot he doesn't do tactics it's not like were getting back into this game by a tactical change or anything like that.

• Like 1

Just now, mykeyb said:

Well nobody else will get a chance with him, if he scores tonight it will be a good result for him.

If he scores today, then we have scored a goal, which would be a surprise. We scored 2 goals in the 4 he missed. both in the same game. So 3 games without a goal. He may be selfish, but he is our only, just slightly dangerous player. Ridiculous blaming him for this shambles.

Just now, rbcuk said:

Oh I dunno, he went for power, a side foot would have done as the keeper wouldn't have been able to have got down if it was that 

I suppose. I just hope Johnstone was paying attention to what a keeper reacting quickly to a developing situation looks like.