Fans Consultancy Group Meeting

OutByEaster?

9 minutes ago, Eastie said:

I am not on Facebook and I pay for avtv - why are press conferences and some youth games shown live on Facebook and yet not shown live on avtv which people have actually paid for ? 

Avtv is very poor and needs to improve hugely .

As  a fellow non fb user and possible overseas purchaser of AVTV I find this really disturbing. 

Can you just say to them as happy as I am with the transfer window (the end anyway) it was very poor planning from the club with regards to ACON. We all knew two of our main attackers were off yet we let rudy go with no replacement lined up and this has fundamentally cost us play off place. 

Just want reassurances such poor planning won't happen again in the future and they have learned from that how much of a big mistake this was. 

Just to echo it took 20 minutes to get served at half time in the upper Holte yesterday. This happens frequently, all over the ground.

Is it really so difficult?

Enforce in and out lanes, have a drinks only lane with express service, a tap and pay lane? Easier to use tills? I dunno, it seems ridiculous given how expensive everything is.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Junxs said:

I'd like to echo this as well.

Ive been asking for years for youth and reserve games to be shown live on AVTV but never get a proper response from the club, with my weird shift patterns I work nearly every weekend so its very difficult for me to make games.

When we were in the premier league I could catch the games live somewhere on the internet, but in the championship if we're not live on sky, you cant even get the game on the radio most the times. It's very frustrating the limited highlights they put up. Why cant they show full reruns of games? even a week later I wouldn't mind. I would happily pay £100 for AVTV if it had things fans actually want - full reruns, live under 23s / youth games, full press conferences (not just the 2 minute segments on Facebook). Even take it further, have a live chat show with ex players where fans can phone in and discuss on Thursday nights or something.

There's so much potential to do great stuff with AVTV.

Well said , it sickens me that I pay for avtv but get no press conferences live and yet the club tweet to watch the press conference live on Facebook or as last week to watch the youth game live on Facebook whilst neither are live on avtv ?

What exactly are we paying avtv subscriptions for ?

the press conferences are put on avtv several hours later and the lIve commentaries are taken from BBC radio - time to sort this out and give the fans value for money.

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 1

Why no question regarding avtv when several have brought up this issue in the last 2 days since you asked ?

sorry - just seen your line at the bottom . 

Can you ask specifically  why we who pay cannot view things on avtv which are shown on Facebook live ? 

Edited by Eastie

25 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Why no question regarding avtv when several have brought up this issue in the last 2 days since you asked ?

sorry - just seen your line at the bottom . 

Can you ask specifically  why we who pay cannot view things on avtv which are shown on Facebook live ? 

Sorry Eastie, it would have been on there properly but the agenda went in a couple of days ago and I hadn't picked up on it. I will ensure it's asked - for me it ties in with a few things that were part of the season ticket package and aren't there now.

• Like 2

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

Sorry Eastie, it would have been on there properly but the agenda went in a couple of days ago and I hadn't picked up on it. I will ensure it's asked - for me it ties in with a few things that were part of the season ticket package and aren't there now.

Cheers mate ;)

20 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Agenda points:

•  
  • Charges: A little detail on what the fixed and floating charge over many Aston Villa related companies registered at Companies House in favour of HSBC (Nov 16) means for us.

•  

that is somewhat worrying , i assume this means we have borrowed from HSBC?

On 13/02/2017 at 18:30, OutByEaster? said:

• Run out song. Emerson Lake and Palmer, it is ridiculous. Home town boys are Black Sabbath, Geezer especially is a massive Villa fan.
  •  

Being nitpicky here, but the Palmers are all hometown boys and supposedly big Villa fans, so whilst I agree it is a slightly odd choice of song it does actually have relevance to the club.

Don't think this point contributes to anything in any significant way though...

On 12/02/2017 at 16:27, PompeyVillan said:

Just to echo it took 20 minutes to get served at half time in the upper Holte yesterday. This happens frequently, all over the ground.

Is it really so difficult?

Enforce in and out lanes, have a drinks only lane with express service, a tap and pay lane? Easier to use tills? I dunno, it seems ridiculous given how expensive everything is.

Yesterday. Took about 10 minutes to get a cup of tea. Was there about 7,  there were 3 customers, one served at a time as 5 people bumble around. One asked for the order and then just stood there for 5 minutes until everything was done, three people made each order and the other one seemed to be standing there and supervising this whole operation. Highlight of my day. Comical genius.

7 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Yesterday. Took about 10 minutes to get a cup of tea. Was there about 7,  there were 3 customers, one served at a time as 5 people bumble around. One asked for the order and then just stood there for 5 minutes until everything was done, three people made each order and the other one seemed to be standing there and supervising this whole operation. Highlight of my day. Comical genius.

Seemed like there were more catering staff than fans at the ground last night, yet it still took 10 minutes to get a pint with no que.

It's almost like they don't want my money.

From official twitter account 

Our #FAYouthCup clash with @ManCity will be screened LIVE on our Facebook channel this Wednesday, kick-off 7pm. #AVFC

this is exactly what I was referring to last week - people are paying for avtv and not getting to see this and yet it's free on Facebook - not everyone wants Facebook - so exactly what are we paying for on avtv?

edit - just cancelled my subscription - another disgruntled fan!

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

@Eastie, apologies, the club haven't got the notes out yet - but this was raised, I asked the question directly to Mr Wyness on a couple of occasions - I'll be interested to see if the club have written an answer into the notes.

No need to apologise my friend , you have done your part - I think many will quit paying subscriptions for the service on avtv - it's really poor for a club the size of villa and there is so much potential if it was well run with features, regular interviews etc .

we have a huge fan base and many overseas followers to tap into.

Â