Fans Consultancy Group Meeting

OutByEaster?

Can we get a bit of clarity on the U23 homes games please. Why are we scheduled to use the training ground as a home venue, especially when supporters have previously been turned away at Bodymoor. While I understand there are rumours that Walsall aren’t too keen to host them anymore, surely there are plenty of non-league grounds that would. Can we get a statement from the club on this; is it a temporary thing, is it to be a long-term thing, are they actively engaging other clubs for venues etc.

With this in mind, can we make sure we get decent match reports for the upcoming premier league cup games, as this competition gets very little coverage elsewhere on the net.

Also, its been mentioned before but, the website still hasn’t updated the player profiles. Us nerdy types do like to know background info like DoBs, previous clubs etc.

• Like 2

The new towel dispensers in the lower Holte toilets are terrible. Have to push the lever in about 20 times to get a single towel out. By that point your hands practically drip dried 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Unused Sub said:

Also, its been mentioned before but, the website still hasn’t updated the player profiles. Us nerdy types do like to know background info like DoBs, previous clubs etc.

I mentioned our OS prior to the last meeting about how bad, and how out of date some of the content is.  Can we raise the issue of our website please?  Do the club acknowledge that there are issues with it or are they happy with it compared to other Premier League clubs?  Be good to hear there thoughts.

On another note, following the well publicised upgrades around the ground during the summer, could the club confirm what the next phase of upgrades/improvements are going to be?  

Finally, and apologies if this has already been addressed previously, but do the club have any plans to change the club badge, rename stands or rename Villa Park itself? 

• Like 1

A few things from me, but firstly can we thank the team for this summer? Away from the pitch the changes made at Villa Park have been really positive, the ground looks great, the card machines in Villa Park work well, the Holte Suite is now easier to get into as one in one out actually works. Small things but it's the first time in a while we have been listened to and changes have been made.

Onto the next meeting:

• Pride Rewards - as others have mentioned the rewards are pathetic. Can we go back to money rewards in the club shop/tickets/season tickets? Even if it's only £1 for every 100 points, the current choices are awful and we may as well not have a reward scheme in place.
  • PA System - no noticeable improvements, has it been changed over the summer?
  • The Holte Pub have a mobile beer pump which someone mans prior to the game. You can easily get a couple of pints in less than a minute. Can we start putting some of these into the concourses inside the ground? At halftime this would be a lot quicker and reduce the queues for people waiting on food/tea/coffee.
  • Team Lineups on the outside screen and on the screens in the Holte Pub and Holte Suite?
  • Is there any update on the mobile signal issue with all networks other than Vodafone? I'm not after Wifi like signal strength, just enough to check the lineup and halftime scores.
  • Can we have no music after a win? The atmosphere from the crowd is much better with Allez Allez being belted out; stick the music on a few minutes later.
  • Can we sort out the online store and stock issues with training kit and kit. The online store is always half empty and we must be losing endless amounts of revenue because of the stock issues.
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, sidcow said:

The new towel dispensers in the lower Holte toilets are terrible. Have to push the lever in about 20 times to get a single towel out. By that point your hands practically drip dried 

Also the ‘poster’ adverts above the urinals seem to be from last season or the season before - old players in them etc. Also Lower Holte toilets.

On a positive, the lower Holte concourse seems to work really well pre match and at half time- much better than I’ve ever seen in the Upper - the amount and variation of stalls they’ve got this year is good (although I’ve not been on the lower before so it could’ve always been like this).

6 hours ago, wilko154 said:

A few things from me, but firstly can we thank the team for this summer? Away from the pitch the changes made at Villa Park have been really positive, the ground looks great, the card machines in Villa Park work well, the Holte Suite is now easier to get into as one in one out actually works. Small things but it's the first time in a while we have been listened to and changes have been made.

Onto the next meeting:

• Pride Rewards - as others have mentioned the rewards are pathetic. Can we go back to money rewards in the club shop/tickets/season tickets? Even if it's only £1 for every 100 points, the current choices are awful and we may as well not have a reward scheme in place.
  • PA System - no noticeable improvements, has it been changed over the summer?
  • The Holte Pub have a mobile beer pump which someone mans prior to the game. You can easily get a couple of pints in less than a minute. Can we start putting some of these into the concourses inside the ground? At halftime this would be a lot quicker and reduce the queues for people waiting on food/tea/coffee.
  • Team Lineups on the outside screen and on the screens in the Holte Pub and Holte Suite?
  • Is there any update on the mobile signal issue with all networks other than Vodafone? I'm not after Wifi like signal strength, just enough to check the lineup and halftime scores.
  • Can we have no music after a win? The atmosphere from the crowd is much better with Allez Allez being belted out; stick the music on a few minutes later.
  • Can we sort out the online store and stock issues with training kit and kit. The online store is always half empty and we must be losing endless amounts of revenue because of the stock issues.

Cheers Wilko - most of these points are on the agenda.

On your first point, it's important to understand why using it in the shop isn't possible - the club don't own the club shop, it was outsourced to Fanatics, your pride rewards and your season ticket mean as much in there as your Boots card does in Burger King. The limitations of the rewards on offer are something that's a concern.

In terms of the Beer buggies - I think they are in areas of the ground, I've seen one in the Upper Trinity and one in the Lower Ellis (I think) this season. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

On your first point, it's important to understand why using it in the shop isn't possible - the club don't own the club shop, it was outsourced to Fanatics, your pride rewards and your season ticket mean as much in there as your Boots card does in Burger King. The limitations of the rewards on offer are something that's a concern.

In terms of the Beer buggies - I think they are in areas of the ground, I've seen one in the Upper Trinity and one in the Lower Ellis (I think) this season. 

Ah that's fair, I wasn't aware that the club shop is now outsourced. I guess that makes more sense now.

Beer buggies in the Upper Holte would be nice :)

On 29/10/2019 at 21:07, OutByEaster? said:

This one is the cause of much gnashing and wailing - if I remember rightly, the bridge is owned by network rail - the club have offered on a number of occasions to repaint the bridge and do work on the station (as well as looking into renaming the station) - the rail authorities aren't in the slightest bit interested in letting the club do anything and they've had no success in making any progress on it at all. This has been going on since Lerner and his team arrived and there's been no change in the situation since our new owners arrived and h ave tried the same thing.

Get Prince William and Tom Hanks on the case.

13 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Surely they could give vouchers for money off the shop - and the AVFC picks up the tab ? - or so many free points you get a free programme, free drink, money off next years seasons ticket.

The system in its current format is beyond shite - if they can't give decent rewards - don't bother, 

10 hours ago, wilko154 said:

Ah that's fair, I wasn't aware that the club shop is now outsourced. I guess that makes more sense now.

Beer buggies in the Upper Holte would be nice :)

I want a beer buggy so much. My life would then be complete. 

On 05/11/2019 at 10:34, hippo said:

Can the villa rewards move in some way to a simpler format ....ie the rewards points give you money off at the club shop - Im a 56 year old bloke - I have no interest in a half time shout out - or my name in the programme - back to basics please. 

That's Numberwang.

On ‎05‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 12:03, wilko154 said:

Good God this. Can we stop with the walk out music as well? Stop drowning out the crowd.

• Like 1

Â