Match Thread: Nottm Forest v Villa

limpid

4 minutes ago, Rodders said:

concede a lead again? check. play well only for a certain portion of the game? check. 

45 minutes to go, let's see if we can play well this half, although I predict forest to batter us, ala Preston

Yes, on past experience I expect this to end 3-1 to Forest, with them going 2-1 up in the first 10 minutes of the second half. Prove me wrong, all you exciting new signings!

at the risk of repeating myself, the midfield is so disjointed its untrue. At the moment you would say it is no better than the dross we had prior to the new boys coming in.

We cannot string 3 passes together and the ball is like a hot potato, we are just hoofing it.

Forest are a poor side, which tells you everything you need to know about us.

Until the midfield get to grips and start passing to one another we will remain as we are.....not very good !!!! 

• Like 1

Handing them the initiative as soon as we score by dropping deep.

If this was the tactic I despair.

If it wasn't the tactic I want to see Bruce on the sideline shouting and waving making it absolutely clear that they must press higher up.

We are very much still the cowardly lion.

• Like 1

Grealish has picked up a stupid booking - he's also been our best player in that half in my opinion. He's got a good assist, he's been excellent in closing people down and he's a big part of how dangerous we look on the break - he'd be the last player I'd be bringing off.

Begin second half with renewed pressure and if we go one up, keep pouncing at them. Forest got lucky and I'm not convinced by their play. They're there for the taking, let's not waste this opportunity. UTV!