Match Thread: Nottm Forest v Villa

limpid

For a team playing a new formation for the first time I think we've looked fairly comfortable.

Stupid error cost us a goal. Apart from that they've caused us no problems.

Need to kick on and win this though.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

Half time. 1 booking for grealish when it was morten harkett who did the foul 1 booking for hogan for standing where he shouldn't. 

Refs made a few bad decisions.

Our keeper as has been since bradleys friedel, is utterly shit

Card was for kicking the ball away.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

For a team playing a new formation for the first time I think we've looked fairly comfortable.

Pretty much how I saw the game until the error, no real issues with how we were playing, I was actually pleasantly impressed.

It's getting harder and harder to back Bruce, no matter how patient we fans can be, but he hasn't given us any encouragement in terms of forming a team & playing style. We have got decent players now but he strikes me as a very negative manager. I hope I'm wrong and am quite shocked considering his record (at this level) but we really should be setting up the team to PLAY football not sit back and resort to hoofball. I really hope he doesn't just see as a club/team that need to "grind" out results rather than play well and dominate teams...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

I agree we've been comfortable but why are we sitting back and not trying to kill the game off? Forest are shit 

1 minute ago, sonic_bouma said:

Kodjia is the laziest player I've ever seen. So many opportunities to press the ball to put the defenders under pressure and he just stands there.

When he should be passing it he holds onto it and loses it.

When he should be holding it up he tries a needless flick and loses it.

God knows where we'd be without his goals but **** me he is so frustrating to watch.

Very annoyed by The amount of possession we are giving them.

We just invite pressure all the **** time!

Yes,  it's hard to criticise because of his goals but you wonder how many we don't score because he squanders so much. He had that ludicrous shot from miles out when we had a decent looking breakaway and Hogan? Was with him but he just bladders it in a 1 in a billion shot 

• Like 1

Just now, nokesy_26 said:

I agree we've been comfortable but why are we sitting back and not trying to kill the game off? Forest are shit 

I think people treat "sitting back" as an intentional command. 

I doubt Bruce has said "right lads, you know what to do! Sit back!"

It's a psychological thing. I agree we need to push on more, but it's not something you can change at the flick of a switch

• Like 4