The Manager thread

Xela

Moyes will become one of those managers who are lurking around without a job waiting for some desperate club to sack the manager so he can swoop in for the remainder of the season.

And then maybe he'll try and hold on over the summer and a month or so more before he's sacked and get's the compo.

and then rinse and repeat.

Moyes, Allardyce, Bruce, Hughes, Pardew... They are making a (very good) living out of the misfortunes of owners and clubs.

4 minutes ago, sne said:

Moyes, Allardyce, Bruce, Hughes, Pardew... They are making a (very good) living out of the misfortunes of owners and clubs.

I think English football owners have finally caught onto this scam and thats what it is

Hughes, Pardew and Bruce will certainly never manage in the top flight again unless drag a team up

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

I think English football owners have finally caught onto this scam and thats what it is

Hughes, Pardew and Bruce will certainly never manage in the top flight again unless drag a team up

Hope so, but with the money trickling down into the Championship they will just continue with the same thing here.

Just looked at Transfermarkt at the dates or their appointments over their last couple of clubs and it's almost always in december, january, october or so.

Very rarely they've been given a job to manage a club going into a season.

Bunch of leeches 

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

I dont disagree I think he deserves a PL shot again but some Villa fans seem to think Rodgers would have jumped at chance to come here but not a chance he drop down this level

Id hope any manager would jump at the chance to manage us, to be "the" manager who got us success again.

The SPL is a joke, rodgers effectively walking out on celtic after 7 trophies in 3 years with a very good chance of winning a domestic treble again proves that managing a team like Leicester, who are **** all in the Premier league proves that. Rodgers will get a big fat pay rise, he will quote some david Brent style bullshit but won't do anything at leicester, when it goes tits up no one will mention how he won tin cup trophies in a league that's as competitive as me and 10 mates playing against a blind under 10 year olds game

6 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

Id hope any manager would jump at the chance to manage us, to be "the" manager who got us success again.

The SPL is a joke, rodgers effectively walking out on celtic after 7 trophies in 3 years with a very good chance of winning a domestic treble again proves that managing a team like Leicester, who are **** all in the Premier league proves that. Rodgers will get a big fat pay rise, he will quote some david Brent style bullshit but won't do anything at leicester, when it goes tits up no one will mention how he won tin cup trophies in a league that's as competitive as me and 10 mates playing against a blind under 10 year olds game

Not quite sure its that good Jim😀

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

It wont happen but I would like to see a managerial transfer window that a manager can only be sacked in summer or a certain month mid-season

Nah. Change it so managers can't be changed until they've seen out their contract 😀

On 26/02/2019 at 13:12, Zatman said:

I dont disagree I think he deserves a PL shot again but some Villa fans seem to think Rodgers would have jumped at chance to come here but not a chance he drop down this level

I agree that he wouldn't have. But I don't think it's fair to say that's arrogance.

I mean, he IS arrogant.

But I think at this stage of his career he has every right to not want to drop down to the Championship when he can clearly still get Premier League jobs.

• Like 2

On 26/02/2019 at 11:55, Jimzk5 said:

Villa job is like the England job (pre-Southgate). It’s a poisoned chalice because of the expectations of the fans and any sensible manager knows this. 

Like England we need to wait a suitable amount of time until expectations are realigned with the reality of the situation. We (Villa) are not there yet and people still think we should be up there because we are Aston Villa.

Â