The Manager thread

Xela

3 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

We got the final whilst scraping up. We should have sacked Sherwood that summer in retrospect. 

I agree we should have sacked him but we also have been in a few semis and in finals since the 90s Brighton haven't. 

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

I agree we should have sacked him but we also have been in a few semis and in finals since the 90s Brighton haven't. 

So? I don't understand the point you are driving at here. They beat Bournemouth, West Brom, Derby and Millwall. Winning 4 games of football is great (Millwall on penalties) but it isn't a reason to keep a manager. 

Portsmouth, Millwall, Hull, Stoke, Cardiff, Wigan, Palace. Villa. Plenty of plum average teams go on cup runs. They all made the final, a couple of them won it. I'm not trying to devalue the FA Cup here, I'm saying that making a semi final is absolutely not reason enough to keep a manager if you decide he isn't the right man to push the club forward. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

So? I don't understand the point you are driving at here. They beat Bournemouth, West Brom, Derby and Millwall. Winning 4 games of football is great (Millwall on penalties) but it isn't a reason to keep a manager. 

Portsmouth, Millwall, Hull, Stoke, Cardiff, Wigan, Palace. Villa. Plenty of plum average teams go on cup runs. They all made the final, a couple of them won it. I'm not trying to devalue the FA Cup here, I'm saying that making a semi final is absolutely not reason enough to keep a manager if you decide he isn't the right man to push the club forward. 

That's your expectation though. If your a club like Brighton who it is very rare to get to Wembley that's a achievement in my eyes. 

I think you are devaluing the fa Cup. I love Di t when we got to the cup semis

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

That's your expectation though. If your a club like Brighton who it is very rare to get to Wembley that's a achievement in my eyes. 

I think you are devaluing the fa Cup. I love Di t when we got to the cup semis

I guess it's an achievement of sorts yeah. Shouldn't stop them wanting to progress. 

I loved it too. I was there. I loved it because we won. I didn't love the final. 

3 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I guess it's an achievement of sorts yeah. Shouldn't stop them wanting to progress. 

I loved it too. I was there. I loved it because we won. I didn't love the final. 

Lol we on agree on that mate. 

Italian media claiming that Chelsea will sack Sarri and hire Lampard.

would be hilarious if they hired him, but with the transfer embargo next season will be a wash anyway so might be a good learning opportunity while also hard to find a higher level manager.

How would you rate Hughton on the Peppulis management scale? He centainly isnt anti -football so I am not sure where he is better suited to West Brom or Middlesbrough. I think he plays decent football but I am sure if you asked Brighton fans see him closer to anti-football that total football.

Edited by mattyg38

32 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Allegri left Juventus, perfect job for Guardiola 😉

Which overhyped UK club are we likely to see Allegri in? 

Arsenal? Chelsea? 

Maybe a french destination at PSG?

Edited by Mic09

On ‎15‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 18:24, sne said:

Italian media claiming that Chelsea will sack Sarri and hire Lampard.

would be hilarious if they hired him, but with the transfer embargo next season will be a wash anyway so might be a good learning opportunity while also hard to find a higher level manager.

I think Lampard will be a very good manager but the Chelsea job is too soon for him.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Allegri left Juventus, perfect job for Guardiola 😉

Why join an inferior club in an inferior league. He will win the league every year there but wont win the champions league

2 hours ago, PaulC said:

I think Lampard will be a very good manager but the Chelsea job is too soon for him.

I'd be abit concerned about this a si think lamps would recruit JT has part of his backroom team if at Chelsea. 

5 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Tony Pulis gone.  Another destroy and exit complete.

Another dinosaur. I bet he ends up at Huddersfield. 

3 hours ago, mattyg38 said:

How would you rate Hughton on the Peppulis management scale? He centainly isnt anti -football so I am not sure where he is better suited to West Brom or Middlesbrough. I think he plays decent football but I am sure if you asked Brighton fans see him closer to anti-football that total football.

I think he will go Boggies tbh. 

2 hours ago, PaulC said:

Why join an inferior club in an inferior league. He will win the league every year there but wont win the champions league

Juventus are 10 times the club of City, outperform them every year in Europe. Have players that would walk into many "top" English teams

20 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Juventus are 10 times the club of City, outperform them every year in Europe. Have players that would walk into many "top" English teams

No argument about the past but Man City have a far superior pool of players to Juve now.

Â