The Manager thread

Xela

Enjoy this cartoon by David Squires.

David Squires on … the Jurassic world of Premier League managers

Our cartoonist celebrates the glorious return of Sam Allardyce and David Moyes to England’s top flight and looks at André Villas-Boas’s Dakar defection

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Zatman said:

Roy Hodgson should win manager of the year

Woy's done fine but there are plenty of good players at Palace and Zaha has stepped it up in last year. Not sure how lifting Palace up a few places is as good as Burnley being in top 6.

13 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Woy's done fine but there are plenty of good players at Palace and Zaha has stepped it up in last year. Not sure how lifting Palace up a few places is as good as Burnley being in top 6.

They were written off as relegated when he took over. Was it 7 they lost on the trot

On 12/17/2017 at 12:27, Zatman said:

They were written off as relegated when he took over. Was it 7 they lost on the trot

I probably underestimated how improved Zaha has become, he really is the difference for Palace now he has end product in his game.

Am I right in saying he didn't play a single minute under FDB? Still the wrong manager for them but Palace might've at least scored a goal if Zaha played the early games.

Nice little read about the young managers in the Bundesliga.

Google translated.

Cultural Revolution on the bench

Long reading about the continued development of the German coach revolution

The German trainer culture is an extremely interesting, well-practiced topic. It has given rise to discussions around the world and the approaches are discussed and dissected a little everywhere, even in Swedish podcasts of different kinds. In the latest version of the estimated TVTV program EuroTalk at SvenskaFans, just the coach culture of the panel was discussed. Martin Åslund stated quite controversially that the German training culture did not reach its potential and that it was the major reason why German law has not worked in Europe recently.

While there may be nothing in this, I would like to point out that everyone besides a club of the six who went to Europe has or had a German coach at the helm. Bayern Munich had partly an Italian nihilist, Borussia Dortmund had a Dutchman who never won a big title, Cologne had an Austrian who is not at European level, Leipzig has an inexperienced Austrian who, two years ago, had a fierce and fierce holding a FC Ingolstadt in the Bundesliga . Hertha Berlin had an old Hungarian national team coach at the helm which, although he has been in Hertha for a long time, can not be counted as part of the German training revolution. It is only Hoffenheim, the minimal SAP-sponsored club from Little Sinsheim outside übervackra Heidelberg, who has a German coach who can be said is part of the German Training Revolution, whether such a cultural revolution has actually taken place.

In this article, I would like to develop and investigate the idea of the German training revolution and hope to find that the German Training Revolution is still collecting power. I will investigate the number of coaches who may have undergone German training courses in the 2010s and will also look at the perhaps most famous German coaches in the Bundesliga right now and investigate whether there are any similarities regarding tactics and mentality among these. Since the EuroTalk panel seems to include other nationalities than German, I will draw the limit of trainers who have undergone training in Germany in the 2010s. Therefore, other nationalities than German alone will be included in this survey...

Article goes on with little bits on the respective managers.

https://www.svenskafans.com/tyskland/kulturrevolutionen-pa-tranarbanken-580671.aspx

23 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Clement sacked, Pulis in?

Would be a massive change in clubs initial policy of passing football

Yeah that's a bit like going from Houllier to McLeish.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Sad to see what was once such a well run football club decline so much. I don't think even Pulis could save them this season, if anything they need to find their identity again and find the next Martinez/Rodgers. This would also require a return to possession football.

While you also cannot continue to sell your best players and expect to stay in the Premier League if you don't replace them.

This reminds me of when we shipped out Downing, Milner, Young, Barry, Benteke, etc and never really replacing properly eventually came back and haunted us to an extent.

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

There mistake was appointing a manager who won them the only trophy in the clubs history?

Wow that was some mistake

He was also the same manager who cancelled training because he went to Paris to visit his daughter. 

Â