The Manager thread

Xela

So after  first Woy to Palace and then Moyes to Everton a while back, today we have:

Allardyce to Everton along with Sammy Lee.

Pardew and Carver to West Brom.

A jolly good season for Proper Football Men™  that Know The League™

• Like 2

Posted this in the West Brom thread, should have put it here...

Last 12 yrs merry-go-round:

Palace: Pulis, Pardew, Allardyce, Hodgson

WBA: Hodgson, Pulis, Pardew

West Ham: Pardew, Allardyce, Moyes

Newcastle: Allardyce, Pardew

Everton: Moyes, Allardyce

Fulham: Hodgson, Hughes

Sunderland: Allardyce, Moyes

Stoke: Pulis, Hughes

Blackburn: Hughes, Allardyce

Can't be bothered checking how many trophies have been won by the above, but it must be pretty close to zero?

• Like 4

How do you go from courting Silva to hiring Allardyce whilst also considering MoN. 

3 completely different managers, screams desperation and lack of clear strategy to me. 

Can't see Allardyce working out well, probably won't take them down but doesn't seem the right cultural fit. 

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

How do you go from courting Silva to hiring Allardyce whilst also considering MoN. 

3 completely different managers, screams desperation and lack of clear strategy to me.

Aye, desperation and clueless owners.

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Can't see Allardyce working out well, probably won't take them down but doesn't seem the right cultural fit. 

Reminds me of us under Lerner. Going for Martinez and ending up with McCleish :(

• Like 3

9 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Can see Mark Hughes being the next to walk the plank.

Would be amusing if Stoke re-appointed Pulis. Shaqiri at left back....

If Bruce took us up I would be happy to take Hughes, a solid mid table manager is what we need once we return when that would be 

• Like 1

We should've got him in 2011. Might've down a smaller scale job version of MON e.g. just about keeping us in the top half as he's shown on limited budgets he can produce competitive teams. Its when he spends big money on likes of Imbula and berahino it all falls apart.

He's stayed too long at Stoke.

I was convinced he was coming to Villa. He's left Fulham (i think) and we were in the market for a manager. Surprised it never happened 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Xela said:

I was convinced he was coming to Villa. He's left Fulham (i think) and we were in the market for a manager. Surprised it never happened 

Big Eck was the better option ;)

8 hours ago, Xela said:

I think that was the plan but then with the outrage caused it put lerner off 

On 30/11/2017 at 08:16, Demitri_C said:

If Bruce took us up I would be happy to take Hughes, a solid mid table manager is what we need once we return when that would be 

Why though? Why trade in a mid-to-low PL manager with another mid-to-low PL manager?

Hughes hasn't done anything of note, had a couple of decent league placings with Blackburn but someone always has to be the best of the rest in the PL and by and large it's up for grabs each season

1 hour ago, Shropshire Lad said:

I thought the outrage was aimed at the possible appointment of mcclaren?

Not from the fans from fulham and the media

40 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Why though? Why trade in a mid-to-low PL manager with another mid-to-low PL manager?

Hughes hasn't done anything of note, had a couple of decent league placings with Blackburn but someone always has to be the best of the rest in the PL and by and large it's up for grabs each season

I think Hughes certainly is not at the same level as Bruce at premier league level. Hughes usually takes his team to midtable safe from relegation as with Bruce he has a history of having teams on the verge of relegation. I think Hughes is a decent manager to be honest 

Obviously my first choice would be Wagner though :) 

15 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Hughes be the slightly better manager but prob not that much of an upgrade for Xia or the fans liking

Agreed.

I wouldn't be totally against him, but only if Xia was happy to be ruthless, employ him for a season or two until he hits his ceiling and then get rid for someone else.

Â