The Manager thread

Xela

3 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

This is the chap I mentioned would be one of my top targets for us, if we could get up I’d be delighted to ditch Bruce for him.

Next Bayern Munich coach I think Trent....

Tuchel would be a little bit more realistic but even then not sure.

16 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I’d be surprised looking at their recent list of appointments.

Tuchel is more likely, he is someone that we could have potentially landed at one time. A lot has changed since then though.

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Everybody's favourite word removed, Harry Redknapp, has been giving evidence in QPR's FFP hearing.

Claims he only signed "one or two players" to get them promoted from the Championship.

That "one or two" were:

Danny Simpson
Richard Dunne
Karl Henry
Charlie Austin
Gary O'Neill
Matt Phillips
Javier Chevanton
Oguchi Onyewu
Yossi benayoun
Coll Donaldson
Aaron Hughes
Benoit Assou Ekotto
Tom Carroll
Niko Kranjcar
Dellatore
Kevin Doyle
Will Keane
Modibo Maiga
Ravel Morrison

But I suppose the Chairman deals with all that.

Chris Samba not mentioned. That was as clean a transfer you will ever see

27 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

While a good manager boards will be wary of him. He picked some petty feuds and seen as a troublemaker

You'd think if Bayern really want Tuchel they'd have appointed him now as he's not in a job.

There's a few german posters on another forum I use and they reckon Bayern Munich will wait until the summer as Hoffenheim won't release him mid season so Heynckes is the perfect manager to tie them over until the summer.

I think if we go up this season then I reckon we'd go after managers like Pellegrini and Roberto Mancini. Won titles in this country, big names and both still got a few more years left yet.

38 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I think if we go up this season then I reckon we'd go after managers like Pellegrini and Roberto Mancini. Won titles in this country, big names and both still got a few more years left yet.

Those are the kind of names I would expect if we were up. But saying that I wouldn't be upset with Hughton or Wagner either. Also if Rafa leaves he would be another I would be happy with 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

You'd think if Bayern really want Tuchel they'd have appointed him now as he's not in a job.

There's a few german posters on another forum I use and they reckon Bayern Munich will wait until the summer as Hoffenheim won't release him mid season so Heynckes is the perfect manager to tie them over until the summer.

Fair points re Bayern.

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Chris Samba not mentioned. That was as clean a transfer you will ever see

He was signed the year before. These were all signings made specifically the year they came up.

Thought he did o.k at West Brom and was prematurely sacked.

Reading job seems to have been a bit of a management killer in recent times, Clarke, Nigel Adkins and Brian McDermott all took that job as reasonably rated managers, got sacked and none of them are thought of anymore.

I might have asked sometime earlier, but is Chris Hughton the most underrated manager going?

Dyche this, Wagner that, how about Howe, Marco Silva is amazing... but pretty much nothing about Hughton generally.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

I might have asked sometime earlier, but is Chris Hughton the most underrated manager going?

Dyche this, Wagner that, how about Howe, Marco Silva is amazing... but pretty much nothing about Hughton generally.

Nobody really takes notice or mentions him. A sign of a good manager.

• Like 2

Rumours Pulis is close to being sacked if he loses their next game.  personally i hope they do as i think it will be the beginning of their downfall as he always seems to keep them up. 

Also I agree Hughton very under-rated, Id love him at Villa 

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like there could be some merry-go round action over the next few days for the same old faces.

O'Neill To Everton, Pardew to Baggies & Pulis to Swansea if they lose at home to Bournemouth tomorrow. I know people moan about players wages but these lot make millions from continually doing a shit job & getting sacked

5 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Looks like there could be some merry-go round action over the next few days for the same old faces.

O'Neill To Everton, Pardew to Baggies & Pulis to Swansea if they lose at home to Bournemouth tomorrow. I know people moan about players wages but these lot make millions from continually doing a shit job & getting sacked

Football management is the only profession in the world that you can be so bad and still get a job

Â