Scott Hogan

Demitri_C

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

As a one off that would be terrible. But that's about his average. When you combine that with his passing stats and goals I don't see how so many excuses are made for him.

I agree.  He's like Emile Heskey without the holding the ball up and being useful bits.  Quite why Bruce decided to start him today, god only knows.  He's shit, utterly, utterly shit.

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

As a one off that would be terrible. But that's about his average. When you combine that with his passing stats and goals I don't see how so many excuses are made for him.

well, its clearly not working whatever the problem is.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I think theres a goal scorer in there but he's never going to be that player in a Bruce team. It's absolutely mind blowing that Bruce actually signed him. 

Bruce deserves a lot of criticism but i just can't complain about bruce when it comes to hogan. He's been awful. 

I think Hogan is one of the best strikers we have ever had, this season he has played 33 games, scored 6 goals, 280 mins played per goal, brilliant, especially considering he is a poacher. Also, not only has he managed a goal every 280 minutes, he has also managed 2 whole assists, an assist every 800+ minutes. Even though these stats are amazing and prove what a great striker Hogan is, he is also amazing at winning headers, which is probably irrelevant, as we do not hoof the ball ever to him. I do not have the stats, but I am willing to bet he wins AT LEAST 1 header per game, whereas the ball is only crossed around 40 times per game and we hoof it around once a minute. Amazing stats, amazing striker who fits our style of play amazingly, brilliant, love him, hope he starts and plays every game for us until he retires. 

Edited by Chicken Field

8 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Bruce deserves a lot of criticism but i just can't complain about bruce when it comes to hogan. He's been awful. 

Well he did sign him, for a lot of money as well. Bruce doesn't look good either way. 

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Well he did sign him, for a lot of money as well. Bruce doesn't look good either way. 

Good point. Deserves tons of criticism for this. A complete panic buy from the club. 

4 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Thought he’d cracked it when he went on the run in January but one goal in 9 is not good enough since 

Hoped so too, but now I just don't believe any more. Hopefully Kodjia can do something and we won't need Scott any more.

9 minutes ago, Risso said:

I never want to see him play for us again.  Hopefully we can get £3m for him in the summer.  

The best  hope he has is that dean smith takes the job as he knows how to get performances from him 

2 minutes ago, Eastie said:

The best  hope he has is that dean smith takes the job as he knows how to get performances from him 

I'm convinced that was more just a good spell for a shit player. 

There is no way a manager can get consistently excellent performances from someone this limited. 

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I'm convinced that was more just a good spell for a shit player. 

There is no way a manager can get consistently excellent performances from someone this limited. 

Thing is you spend £15 on a striker  only if he fits into your system - Bruce bought him and had no idea what to do with him - really poor signing .

• Like 1

Just now, Eastie said:

Thing is you spend £15 on a striker  only if he fits into your system - Bruce bought him and had no idea what to do with him - really poor signing .

Yep. Absolute panic buy and a complete lie when they said he was scouted for a while. 

• Like 3

Â