Conor Hourihane

dont_do_it_doug.

8 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

I am glad Bruce finally gave him a chance, but I really have to question Bruce here. How was Lansbury and Bacuna ever preferred over Hourihane? 

Hourihane got his first league start tuesday, and is the league's top goal scorer by saturday. 

Because you only have to go back a short distance to see that the majority felt he was under performing. Bruce has said that a number who joined this last year has taken some time to settle. It seems he may have been one of those. Let's hope this was the catalyst to move him on to bigger and better things.

Just now, villianusa said:

Because you only have to go back a short distance to see that the majority felt he was under performing. Bruce has said that a number who joined this last year has taken some time to settle. It seems he may have been one of those. Let's hope this was the catalyst to move him on to bigger and better things.

It didn't help when he was back up to Bacuna. 

Bacuna

**** Bacuna. 

• Like 1

Just now, Zatman said:

Cant remember last Villa player to get a hat-trick, never mind midfielder

Think that would be Scott Sinclair against Notts County. Before that benteke.

No idea on the midfielder though. 

Just now, DCJonah said:

It didn't help when he was back up to Bacuna. 

Bacuna

**** Bacuna. 

Not many options at that time. I didn't agree with Bacuna, but both were poor at that time, but at least Bacuna gave us a bit of energy. Hourihane started to show that today. 

Just now, villianusa said:

Not many options at that time. I didn't agree with Bacuna, but both were poor at that time, but at least Bacuna gave us a bit of energy. Hourihane started to show that today. 

What? Hourihane was an option? 

The guy who scored loads for Barnsley. Has 4 in the last 3 games. 

• Like 2

Just now, DCJonah said:

What? Hourihane was an option? 

The guy who scored loads for Barnsley. Has 4 in the last 3 games. 

That was for Barnsley, not Villa until today. He had been below average during his time here. If a player is bad it's Bruce's fault for picking him, if the player returns to the team and plays well it Bruce's fault for not picking him sooner.

It would be the same with Hutton if he was dropped (and rightly so) after his early season performances, but then came back to the team for whatever reason and did well. Bruce would get blamed, and people would say he should never be dropped in the first place and he was just going through a rough spell.

1 minute ago, villianusa said:

That was for Barnsley, not Villa until today. He had been below average during his time here. If a player is bad it's Bruce's fault for picking him, if the player returns to the team and plays well it Bruce's fault for not picking him sooner.

It would be the same with Hutton if he was dropped (and rightly so) after his early season performances, but then came back to the team for whatever reason and did well. Bruce would get blamed, and people would say he should never be dropped in the first place and he was just going through a rough spell.

How many times was he played in a position to get goals? 

Sorry, you won't convince me Bacuna was a better option than this guy.

25 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

I am glad Bruce finally gave him a chance, but I really have to question Bruce here. How was Lansbury and Bacuna ever preferred over Hourihane? 

Hourihane got his first league start tuesday, and is the league's top goal scorer by saturday. 

The Bruce thread is not here

2 minutes ago, villianusa said:

No, it's Bruce's fault when he doesn't play people in the way they played at their previous clubs that made them successful and got his interest.

• Like 4

Â