Conor Hourihane

dont_do_it_doug.

1 minute ago, villianusa said:

Did I say that? Bruce said that players hadn't settled in after joining the club. There could have been some hesitancy in his play after joining such a big club. You don't that, neither do I, but I'm not the one trying to prove my opinion as fact. I'm offering another possible solution, as I believe that's what forums are for.

No obviously you didn't, I apologise for using irony I appreciate it doesn't travel well to the other side of the pond.

I don't care what Bruce said re settling. I care how he uses them on the pitch and he has in my opinion misused him to date.

Im not trying to prove anything as fact. But it is a matter of fact where he has been played in his time here.

1 minute ago, wazzap24 said:

Having been to the game today, it was obvious from the start that he'd been pushed 10-15 years further forward and was almost playing as an 'inside left forward'. 

Whilst I agree, I doubt Bruce was deliberately telling him not to be adventurous on the ball, he was playing him to deep and again, worrying too much about what teams might do to us, rather than what our players can do to them. 

He's been a symbol of Bruce's reign so far in that regard for me. 

A slight tweak today and look at the difference. We finally saw the player we signed and wow, what an absolute wand of a left foot that is. 

He's not a 90min, charge around the pitch kind of player, he has quiet spells in the game, but if you give him the ball, he'll give you 5/6 moments of real quality and he'll win us games. 

Are you saying he played like it was 2032 ;) ? 

• Haha 1

Just now, wazzap24 said:

Having been to the game today, it was obvious from the start that he'd been pushed 10-15 years further forward and was almost playing as an 'inside left forward'. 

Whilst I agree, I doubt Bruce was deliberately telling him not to be adventurous on the ball, he was playing him to deep and again, worrying too much about what teams might do to us, rather than what our players can do to them. 

He's been a symbol of Bruce's reign so far in that regard for me. 

A slight tweak today and look at the difference. We finally saw the player we signed and wow, what an absolute wand of a left foot that is. 

He's not a 90min, charge around the pitch kind of player, he has quiet spells in the game, but if you give him the ball, he'll give you 5/6 moments of real quality and he'll win us games. 

Wazzap, thank you for your insight. I appreciate your balanced view after what you saw at the game today. If it was a tinkering and not a mental thing on Hourihane's part, then Bruce would have something to answer for.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eastie said:

Are you saying he played like it was 2032 ;) ? 

I've edited it once already too and still didn't spot that! :D

Big sausage fingers, small chipolata brain and the stupid Apple predictive thingymebob :wave:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, villianusa said:

How are you sure? That's all I'm asking? 

Oh, very sorry I thought you were being sarcastic !! It happens so often on here.

I'm sure having watched us play that he was allowed further forward today.

4 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

No obviously you didn't, I apologise for using irony I appreciate it doesn't travel well to the other side of the pond.

I don't care what Bruce said re settling. I care how he uses them on the pitch and he has in my opinion misused him to date.

Im not trying to prove anything as fact. But it is a matter of fact where he has been played in his time here.

I'm originally from Birmingham but thank you for your stereotype jibe at Americans.

And in my opinion, Hourihane had issue settling into the team with such large expectations. I could be wrong, just as you could be, but until either the manager or the player says something, we won't know what is fact. Either way, I am very happy with his performance and Villa finally got one in the win column.

2 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Oh, very sorry I thought you were being sarcastic !! It happens so often on here.

I'm sure having watched us play that he was allowed further forward today.

Again, that's opinion that he allowed him, not that he had the confidence to finally listen to what the manager has been telling him all along.

I appreciate your opinion, Terry, I just don't know whose's is right. I'll be happy to come back and admit I'm wrong if proven so.

Enjoy the Villa win and your weekend.

2 minutes ago, villianusa said:

I'm originally from Birmingham but thank you for your stereotype jibe at Americans.

And in my opinion, Hourihane had issue settling into the team with such large expectations. I could be wrong, just as you could be, but until either the manager or the player says something, we won't know what is fact. Either way, I am very happy with his performance and Villa finally got one in the win column.

Then you should have been able to spot the fact I've tried a couple of times to bow out of this one.

I get your opinion, I just completely and utterly disagree with you. I think there are numerous examples of games where he has been playing too deep, I don't for one minute attribute that to the player I attribute that to Bruce. I also blame Bruce for doing things like picking Bacuna ahead of him.

I don't need a quote from Bruce or the player in order to hold or express my opinion. 

• Like 1

Just now, villianusa said:

Again, that's opinion that he allowed him, not that he had the confidence to finally listen to what the manager has been telling him all along.

I appreciate your opinion, Terry, I just don't know whose's is right. I'll be happy to come back and admit I'm wrong if proven so.

Enjoy the Villa win and your weekend.

I know it's an opinion ???

Its an opinion I'm sure of.

As I say, if you think not, fine and dandy !

5 minutes ago, villianusa said:

Booooooooo - Americans. Irony aside I was trying to explain US football to a kid earlier - they said but they use their hands not feet!

27 minutes ago, villianusa said:

Again, people are making assumptions of what is said in the dressing room and trying to prove it as fact. All I'm looking for is proof and not opinions being forced to be fact.

Ok it's a fact that Lansbury and Hourihane have massively under performed for us compared to their previous clubs. It's a fact that neither has gotten into the box as much as they did before until today. Under Bruce we normally play very defensively and our midfielders don't push on past the striker who's idea is that? We have to Cracking attacking midfielder that haven't attacked for a reason. The reason is the manager. The proof is in the pudding. Or the potatoe is you want! Hopefully he realises he can trust these players to attack. We've got the talent as Hourihane showed today. 

• Like 1

Â