Conor Hourihane

dont_do_it_doug.

He still looks somewhat nervous and sloppy in possession, but offers something entirely different to Onomah, Whelan, Jedi and Lansbury. Meaning we have more options, depending on opposition and game state. I'm certain once he finds his rhythm, he'll be one of the first names on the team sheet.

He's brings balance to the midfield because he's a natural left footer and for his set pieces alone i'd make sure he's in the team.

I want to see a midfield 3 of

Hourihane    Lansbury

Onomah

8 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

My hunch is that he's actually not that good, however, it's clear that Bruce hasn't tried to accommodate him in a position which would get the best out of him. Utterly bizarre stuff from an atrocious manager.

Not even once 

10 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Goals and assists last season. 

Our manager has given up trying to get the best out of him. 

This wouldn't make sense if Bruce hadn't said he doesn't really do tactics at Sunderland but he did and it does

Midfielders have to do a bit of everything. We can't have every one given the number 10 shift and not have to do any tracking back unless they're as good as Le Tissier.

So if he manages to get a starting place it's upto him to do what he's got to do to keep the shirt.

I don't know if I'd stick him in centre mid or on the left flank?

Just now, omariqy said:

No surprise he played really well when he was given license to go forward and create. His game is not chasing the ball around in a straight horizontal line.

Might be this.  He took the goal well, but I thought he was poor overall tonight.  Seemed frustrated and not-arsed but did improve in the last... maybe 10 minutes.  Maybe when he played higher up.

Just now, bobzy said:

Might be this.  He took the goal well, but I thought he was poor overall tonight.  Seemed frustrated and not-arsed but did improve in the last... maybe 10 minutes.  Maybe when he played higher up.

I would say he was good for the last 20 minutes. When we decided to play. Him and Green were linking up well.

Â