Conor Hourihane

dont_do_it_doug.

If you look at the way CH played at Barnsley, I don't think he had anything to prove in terms of ability.

If anything, he proved Bruce wrong - not picking him, and when picking him he was played wrongly.

It should be said that Davis helped massively today. He gave the Nowrich defenders plenty to think about which helped CH find the space he can use so effectively.

He got a lot of space today which is why he did so well. He won't always get that space. As our most gifted creative midfielder, he'll have to work some magic when the space is closed down much more than it was today.

Norwich were poor for much of that game. Villa could've had six easily, perhaps more. They got back into it due to some poor Villa play (resting on laurels).

Won't always be like that. Then CH will have to really show what he's made of if we're to get to where want in this league.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Eastie said:

Shows how ridiculous it was that hourihane was sitting on the bench while Bruce preferred bacuna to him . 

Easy to say after he bangs in a hat trick, a week ago he didn't look like someone capable of that. 

Sometimes players come good when they come good, maybe he's just come good 

4 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Easy to say after he bangs in a hat trick, a week ago he didn't look like someone capable of that. 

Sometimes players come good when they come good, maybe he's just come good 

And a lot of other people would say that a week ago, or at any point in his career Bacuna never looked like he could get a hat trick.

there are plenty of goals in Hourihane, I said that he could easily get double figures in goals this season and that was before a ball was kicked. I also said he could match that in assists too. Still believe he can do this.

• Like 1

You can't go from being probably the best CM in the championship to absolute dog shit. It was pretty obvious that the tactics were stifling him. Give him the license to get forward like MON did with Barry.

• Like 3

Alan nixon is usually really reliable with villa stuff, saying Brighton were about to sign him before yesterday's hat trick. If that is true, then how is it ridiculous that we are so concerned? We bought him in January, gave him no chance to play in his natural position and no really consistent opportunity to play anywhere, and were about to sell him. Yesterday's result hasn't done much to stop the worries about our '' strategy'' at the moment. 

• Like 2

If we want to be in the mix we can't let players like him go no matter what offer comes in.

On a side note the missus has banished me to the spare room for a few days after I came in from an all day pub session yesterday and woke her up singing the Conor Hourihane song.

Well worth it Conor lad!!

21 minutes ago, This Could Be Rotterdam said:

Alan nixon is usually really reliable with villa stuff, saying Brighton were about to sign him before yesterday's hat trick. If that is true, then how is it ridiculous that we are so concerned? We bought him in January, gave him no chance to play in his natural position and no really consistent opportunity to play anywhere, and were about to sell him. Yesterday's result hasn't done much to stop the worries about our '' strategy'' at the moment. 

Sounds plausible to me. Don’t think Bruce fancied him but he had to do something different as whatever he has been doing hasn’t been working. The real test is going forward and whether Bruce reverts back to the usual rubbish we have seen.

6 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

If we were seriously considering selling him then Bruce can go **** himself. 

Buys him:

Plays him as DM: Oh god, he is crap, why can't he score goals and get assists?

• Like 2

Â