Graham Taylor

Eastie

I am gutted at this news. I remember great memories from his first spell in charge and had loads of fun supporting the Villa back then. Always seemed like a gent but with a cutting edge to him too. I remember something on the radio where he gave an interview about players' injuries and said that he believed that a lot of players think they are injured when they actually aren't. He seemed to be a deep-thinker about the sport. He had Villa playing some great football in that first management spell.

What a shame for him and his family. RIP Graham and thanks for all the happy memories you left us with.

• Like 4

Sorry I didn't spot this thread. Very saddened to hear the news. A legend to me. Did a fantastic job first time around guiding us from nowhere really to 2nd in div 1. Great days and I rate him as one of our greatest ever managers. RIP

Edited by PaulC

Like some others, his first spell at the club was before my time as a football fan - but he always came across as a thoughtful, genuine, football-mad guy with such enthusiasm for the game and the clubs he was involved with.

RIP Graham.

Â