Sam Johnstone

StefanAVFC

Would be interesting to see if the terms of his loan were that he must play so many games or not ? 

United will have loaned him for the reason he gained experience and not to sit on the bench - however he has been so poor that I can't see how we can stick with him in goal .

31 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

WAT?

This is like that time I went for a walk up Clent and when I was walking there was some bigger boys all standing in a circle and then they started walking around me in a circle chanting "Kiss the wood, kiss the wood, kiss the wood" and I was saying "I don't know what you mean" and then they chanted "Kiss the forest, kiss the forest, kiss the forest" and I started to jog but they jogged around me in a circle chanting "Love the Clent, love the Clent, love the Clent" and then I just saw a badgers set and stuck my dookey in it hoping they would leave but they were really running around me chanting "You look bent, you look bent, you look bent" and then I cried.

I wonder if Sam Johnstone browses Villa forums.

12 hours ago, Robbie09 said:

Has he actually made a save yet? His stats are probably on a par with Bravo.

I take it that you didn't watch the Spurs game where he made countless saves? 

20 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

I take it that you didn't watch the Spurs game where he made countless saves? 

Rather judge him in what he does in the cut and thrust of championship than against spurs reserve side .

He has looked poor in handling , catching , positioning and shot stopping as well as organisation - looks a disaster of a keeper whose only possible asset is his throwing distribution.

• Like 1

It would be nice if we gave a keeper (or any player for that matter) more than 12 months to learn, prove himself, get used to the pace, new team, new surroundings etc... I just look at how poor De Gea was in his first season.

10 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

It would be nice if we gave a keeper (or any player for that matter) more than 12 months to learn, prove himself, get used to the pace, new team, new surroundings etc... I just look at how poor De Gea was in his first season.

There's the new team and surroundings to contend with, granted but it's worth bearing in mind that this is a league that he's already experienced and knows. There's also the fact that De Gea showed promise whilst having slip ups and for me, Johnstone isn't showing a great deal of promise. 

16 minutes ago, lexicon said:

There's the new team and surroundings to contend with, granted but it's worth bearing in mind that this is a league that he's already experienced and knows. There's also the fact that De Gea showed promise whilst having slip ups and for me, Johnstone isn't showing a great deal of promise. 

Gollini was...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ingram85 said:

He is not our player. Why would we give him 12 months to learn when he is only here for 5 months.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eastie said:

Rather judge him in what he does in the cut and thrust of championship than against spurs reserve side .

He has looked poor in handling , catching , positioning and shot stopping as well as organisation - looks a disaster of a keeper whose only possible asset is his throwing distribution.

The fact that he is a Manure player is probably his biggest asset.

32 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

No. Bruce replaced him with Johstone and he moved away.

“I returned to Italy with the intention of staying and continuing my career here. The condition I had set my agent for me to stay in Birmingham was to have an Italian goalkeeping coach. That was the situation, with Massimo Battara, until the manager Roberto Di Matteo was fired."

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

He is not our player. Why would we give him 12 months to learn when he is only here for 5 months.

I think the meaning behind the post is clear.

Â