Sam Johnstone

StefanAVFC

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Why did he come out and dive for the first Brentford goal? Just stand up and make yourself big so the bloke can't chip it straight into the middle of the goal.

He's crap. In every aspect of his game. His punching especially, is embarrassing. 

I hate him. 

He made the right decision entirely for th first goal - blame lies solely with Chester for just running out of defence.

It's a great finish from the Brentford striker. 

25 minutes ago, bobzy said:

He made the right decision entirely for th first goal - blame lies solely with Chester for just running out of defence.

It's a great finish from the Brentford striker. 

Yeah Chester got dragged out of position....but in fairness the fella had drifted beyond Hourihane and Lansbury. As a centre back I think he had to come and close there...but Baker obviously wasn't switched on enough to cover.

Our key triangle...Keeper-2 CB's is very poor

12 minutes ago, ViewFromT2 said:

Yeah Chester got dragged out of position....but in fairness the fella had drifted beyond Hourihane and Lansbury. As a centre back I think he had to come and close there...but Baker obviously wasn't switched on enough to cover.

Our key triangle...Keeper-2 CB's is very poor

Both full backs are worse .

• Like 1

Come on guys, our centre backs were the strongest part of our team before January, we need more cover in that department but Chester and Baker would both individually walk into most of the sides in this division. Let's not continue to blame all the people who haven't just come in every window.

I haven't calmed down about this signing. When Steer is fit I would be sending this guy back to Man Utd early 

3 minutes ago, jon_c said:

That surely can't be true? If so there can't be a worse record in the football league?

10 shots on target, whatever that is classed as (saves only or...?).

I have sympathy for him, and I don't think he's as bad as people are making out (his display against Spurs was very good) but he does need to improve.

In terms of the 6 league goals he's conceded; he was arguably at fault for Mason's goal for Wolves (still think the midfield should have done more), but the rest have been mainly down to comical defending - certainly last night.

• Like 1

Although the people in front of him could do more, at the end of the day once it's through to him there has to be some hope he's going to be able to save it. Otherwise it increases the pressure on the players in front to get it right because they've no confidence the keeper will save their blushes. 

I've seen him in at least 10 full games and he seems to be making a career out of becoming the dictionary definition of "liability"

Just now, skarroki said:

Although the people in front of him could do more, at the end of the day once it's through to him there has to be some hope he's going to be able to save it. Otherwise it increases the pressure on the players in front to get it right because they've no confidence the keeper will save their blushes. 

I've seen him in at least 10 full games and he seems to be making a career out of becoming the dictionary definition of "liability"

He did everything right in the goals we conceded last night - they'll still go down as 3 goals against him.

1st goal - terrible from Chester, slightly heavy touch from the forward player (possibly nudged) so Johnstone narrows the angle.  It's a great finish.

2nd goal - Chester and Baker go for the same ball, both miss it - Brentford player has a tap in from 4 yards or so.

3rd goal - Defence is split, Johnstone basically has to go one way or the other, guesses wrong and is off balance.

Not sure where in any of those he is a "liability".  Against Brentford, he cost us 0 goals.

1. What is the point in getting rid of ounce inexperienced keeper to replace with another inexperienced keeper when there was no option to make the deal permanent. 

All we are doing is benefitting Man Utd with this deal .

Fair enough if gollini wasn't right but we should have gone for an experienced keeper .

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, bobzy said:

He did everything right in the goals we conceded last night - they'll still go down as 3 goals against him.

1st goal - terrible from Chester, slightly heavy touch from the forward player (possibly nudged) so Johnstone narrows the angle.  It's a great finish.

2nd goal - Chester and Baker go for the same ball, both miss it - Brentford player has a tap in from 4 yards or so.

3rd goal - Defence is split, Johnstone basically has to go one way or the other, guesses wrong and is off balance.

Not sure where in any of those he is a "liability".  Against Brentford, he cost us 0 goals.

The point you're missing is a good keeper saves one of them. He's not. So he didn't. Although he didn't throw one in the net, I think he could have done better for all. You say the second goal was a tap in from four yards? Why is the ball bouncing in his six yard box?

Not to mention his shitty flaps. Catch the **** ball mate.

We're stuck with him all season. I'm just glad we didn't sign him. Certainly not good enough for United and won't make it here.

Edited by Cizzler

3 minutes ago, Cizzler said:

The point you're missing is a good keeper saves one of them. He's not. So he didn't. Although he didn't throw one in the net, I think he could have done better for all. You say the second goal was a tap in from four yards? Why is the ball bouncing in his six yard box?

Not to mention his shitty flaps. Catch the **** ball mate.

We're stuck with him all season. I'm just glad we didn't sign him. Certainly not good enough for United and won't make it here.

Because both our centre backs ran to the ball and missed it.

A keeper could have saved the third goal, including Johnstone, but he definitely shouldn't "have saved" any of the goals.

Â