Gareth Southgate

Richard

Absolute fraud and a coward.

He must ring up Garth Crooks for advice on picking a team. 

People bang on about how the players love meeting up with England, cos Gareth is such a nice guy. But it is harder to get dropped than picked for some players.

Edited by luckyeddie

40 minutes ago, luckyeddie said:

Absolute fraud and a coward.

He must ring up Garth Crooks for advice on picking a team. 

People bang on about how the players love meeting up with England, cos Gareth is such a nice guy. But it is harder to get dropped than picked for some players.

Garth would never call Henderson and Phillips into his team of the week

They never score

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Leeroy said:

Hoping he gets the boot sooner rather than later. I thought under Unai we would finally get a couple of players in the England squad, but of course not with Southgate in charge. 

Actually hope Scotland beat us in the friendly and McGinn puts in a masterclass of a performance, that's how much I want Southgate to fail. His selection of Nketiah over Ollie is disgusting.

I think they will beat us. 

• Like 1

On 06/08/2023 at 07:20, villa4europe said:

Yep, there's a huge portion of England fans who see the win % record and the tournament record

We didn't win the euros final because of him but it's better than capello who didn't get us out of the group...

He's a job for lifer and when he finally decides to step down he'll get a shiny new office at FA HQ and a role with chairman or president in it and be generally regarded as England's best ever manager

I say this as a Welsh man, with no skin in the game... 

Perhaps you may have done better than a semi and a final with a different manager. 

England have so much talent at their disposal and waste a lot of it on players who have done a job, sometimes barely done a job. 

Playing favourites can get you so far but playing players who deserve the shirt could get you trophies.

Edit - Just realised you were tongue in cheek! My point remains to people who agree with what you posted 😄

Edited by Wezbid

49 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

If England get Pep, could Manchester City have Southgate please?

Yes please.

The only manager worse than the slippery one.

Southgate with Gerrard as assistant please.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Thug said:

Yes please.

The only manager worse than the slippery one.

Southgate with Gerrard as assistant please.

I thought about mentioning Steve Bruce but I think he’s several levels above those two.

I hope Scotland, led by the current Villa captain, tear England apart. 

This shit-show has gone on long enough. Sure, in 2018 it was almost cute with him in his little waistcoat. He's now wasted 2 tournaments with the best contingent of English players since 1966. He's about to waste a 3rd.

I really hope Chelsea go for him. It would so beautiful to watch them both go down in flames.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

After failing in the Euros he'll be objectively the joint worst England manager of all time so it would be a fitting time to finally **** off.

But statistically the best...

The stats will never show the full picture that we have a good squad and these players are doing most of this in spite of him not because of him

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

But statistically the best...

The stats will never show the full picture that we have a good squad and these players are doing most of this in spite of him not because of him

Nope, my stats would be: four major tournaments entered, none won.

Equal worst with Bobby Robson (with one DNQ arguably worse) and Walter Winterbottom (also had one DNE).

Objectively because that's without getting into how good various squads are/were.

2 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Nope, my stats would be: four major tournaments entered, none won.

Equal worst with Bobby Robson (with one DNQ arguably worse) and Walter Winterbottom (also had one DNE).

Objectively because that's without getting into how good various squads are/were.

The stat will be 60 wins (assumption he gets there) at least if he quits next summer he won't get to the top of that list, won't catch Ramsey either

Win percentage he's 4% off capello in first

Semi final and a final is the best anyone has done bar obviously Ramsey winning it

Statistically he's right up there

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

The stat will be 60 wins (assumption he gets there) at least if he quits next summer he won't get to the top of that list, won't catch Ramsey either

Win percentage he's 4% off capello in first

Semi final and a final is the best anyone has done bar obviously Ramsey winning it

Statistically he's right up there

Yeah I know those stats, but I'm making the case for mine - most failures.

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 1

Â