Gareth Southgate

Richard

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I wouldn't be at all surprised if both Maguire and Henderson both start.

Wonder if Henderson will be back wearing his rainbow laces and armband? 

• Like 4

I’m surprised people are still bothered by these team selections. I barely watch England even if he picked a sensible squad but I guess that’s just me. 

Don’t need any Villa players going off for pointless international games, this is good news. 

• Like 1

I don't even care if Villa players get picked. It's a nice to have, but there are benefits of not picking them.

My main gripe is with Henderson. Aside from completely failing the moral question (which he completely misinterpreted by stating "you don't know what you would do in that situation" - well maybe but I was also not the LGBT Ambassador you donut), it makes zero footballing sense. Zero.

Henderson will be a worse player not playing good players every week. Furthermore though, by not setting the stand, he is doing nothing to dissuade other English players from moving to Saudi - further damaging the quality of his squad.

It is an absolute and utter disgrace. Maguire and Phillips obviously laughable but Henderson is spineless and moronic, and genuinely completely zaps all interest I have (which is a shame because I usually have lots).

• Like 2

He should be sacked for gross misconduct, that is appalling selection, Kalvin Phillips, Magure and Henderson, surrounding himself with players that support his Ego and Ethos and will back him when he's finally sacked. 

5 minutes ago, Zero7 said:

He should be sacked for gross misconduct, that is appalling selection, Kalvin Phillips, Magure and Henderson, surrounding himself with players that support his Ego and Ethos and will back him when he's finally sacked. 

I’m convinced it’s all about stubbornness.

He dug in so hard NOT to pick Jack when his form for us was electric because the media were telling him to.

Now the media are saying Maguire, Henderson and Phillips should be nowhere near the squad he picks them.

Its all the GS ego.

• Like 2

Terrible manager full stop. Don’t care how far he took the team. He failed when it mattered and he will only continue to do so because he lacks the imagination to progress so he picks the same names and hopes it sticks. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

What a shit show of a selection. 

Gareth has his boys and he will not deviate from them. It’s more amazing he hasn’t included Mason Mount in this selection. 

Watkins, Konsa, Bowen, Ward Prowse, Pope and Sterling all must be scratching their heads and looking at their family trees right now 

Solly March too. 

• Thanks 1

Â