Gareth Southgate

Richard

47 minutes ago, punkiller1981 said:

Maguire and Phillips have both not kicked a ball this season and if you look back at it most of last season too and both clubs look to use anybody but them including in maguire a case a left back in his position that’s how bad the clubs think these players are. Not Southgate no he has them straight in and the guy from the shepherd headers league as well. Pathetic 

He specifically said Dier wasn't picked because he hasn't been in any Spurs squads and not kicked a ball, then picked those two.

Maguire and Phillips don't play any club football. Henderson well past his best and has moved to a 3rd rate league. Wilson and Nketiah are substitutes for their clubs and rarely start.

This is the worst squad he's ever picked and that's saying something. It's an insult to every other English player playing at a good level.

If Brian Little hadn't moved him into a back three defender he'd had stayed a nobody Mark Kinsella type midfielder. The prick is so ungrateful to the club that truly transformed him into an international player.

• Like 2

I'm not sure I get the uproar from the BBC about Sterling being excluded. He has one good game against a poor Luton and he's back to his best? His best was never that good anyway. 

It means Sterling, for all his fine form, has been squeezed out.

One good game!

Glad he hasn't come straight back in after effectively declaring himself unfit for the last squad.

Of all the many many many sticks to beat Southgate with, dropping Sterling isn't one of them. 

• Like 1

I really can't wsit till this prat has gone. Favouritism at it's worse. Any player going to SA should no longer be eligible to play, as far as I'm concerned. How on earth is Watkins not in that squad, probably a blessing in disguise anyway .

I really do dislike Southgate, he's a walking contradiction. 

Edited by sheepyvillian
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

He solely has cost England the chance to win some trophies.

One of the worst managers you'll ever see. He will never manager anyone again.

Relegated with Boro. Failure and dogshit football with the best England crop of players...ever?

Nice that everyone else now sees through his BS along with Villa fans.

Didnt he get relegated from the Nations League with one of Europe strongest squads

Other countries have an excuse as they call up other players to test out

1 hour ago, a-k said:

Nick Pope dropped for Sam Johnstone, whose club has purchased another English GK to replace him as #1

Scott Carson at 55 who hasnt played a game in 12 years is better than Johnstone

One of worst keepers we had

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

I really can't wsit till this prar has gone. Favouritism at it's worse. Any player going to SA should no longer be eligible to play, as far as I'm concerned. How on earth is Watkins not in that squad, probably a blessing in disguise anyway .

I really do dislike Southgate, he's a walking contradiction. 

He has clubs and players he favours, and clubs and players he hates. I think he hates Villa cos we absolutely ripped him to shreds when he **** up Boro as manager. 

Hoping he gets the boot sooner rather than later. I thought under Unai we would finally get a couple of players in the England squad, but of course not with Southgate in charge. 

Actually hope Scotland beat us in the friendly and McGinn puts in a masterclass of a performance, that's how much I want Southgate to fail. His selection of Nketiah over Ollie is disgusting.

• Like 3

Â