Your favorite quote

Ikantcpell

Applicable for workplaces with idiots / incompetence abounding is my own "invention" - I'm sure I've unconsciously paraphrased it from somewhere:

"A problem shared, is a suffering squared"

Edited by Rodders

56 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Applicable for workplaces with idiots / incompetence abounding is my own "invention" - I'm sure I've unconsciously paraphrased it from somewhere:

"A problem shared, is a suffering squared"

My missus always says "A friend in need is... a pain in the arse". 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mjmooney said:

"If you haven't had a bad time in life... just keep livin'" (Buddy Guy) 

Never heard this before.   My favorite Buddy Guy quote (heard live on stage the first time I saw him play 30+ years ago) is

"I'm not playing another damn note until someone brings me a Cognac."   Five minutes later, after adding a long extension to his amp cord, he started walking through the club during a solo and ended up walking out the door into the blowing snow at -20C, leaning against the building with his eyes closed while he continued to kill it.   One of my favorite performers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, il_serpente said:

Never heard this before.   My favorite Buddy Guy quote (heard live on stage the first time I saw him play 30+ years ago) is

"I'm not playing another damn note until someone brings me a Cognac."   Five minutes later, after adding a long extension to his amp cord, he started walking through the club during a solo and ended up walking out the door into the blowing snow at -20C, leaning against the building with his eyes closed while he continued to kill it.   One of my favorite performers.

He said it in the Keith Richards documentary (I think it's called Under The Influence) that's on Netflix. Worth a watch. 

Rigby Reardon in "Dead men don't wear plaid" -

"With her I'd had the most honest relationship I'd ever had with a woman. The only thing I'd lied about was my name....."

Edited by Shropshire Lad
  • Like 1

• 4 years later...

The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new lands but seeing with new eyes ~ Marcel Proust

(I don't have a favorite quote but used to like this one)

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

Â