Top Gear

Jez

Guy Martin, Brian Johnson, Steve Coogan, Idris Elba or Mike Brewer hell I'd even have took Phillip Glennister but Chris Evans?! Christ.

Dermot Heel swivel O'Leary? ****.

I hate Clarkson but I bet he is pissing himself.

Pretty much anybody who has ever driven a car has been linked with the job and then been panned as "there's no way I'd watch it if he/she was presenting".

We all used to tune in every week and say how crap it was. Soon we'll be tuning in every week saying, I wish it was great like it used to be.

Classic internet hyperbole.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I laughed a lot in this episode. Seeing May on the suspension test track with a trailer was great. 

It felt so strange to not have the large crowd behind May and Hammond. May and Hammond also seemed a bit sad when hosting. It definitely felt like something was missing. 

The studio segments showed just how bad a show Top Gear would have been with just those 2 , as a three the dynamic works but without Clarkson those 2 have little going for them ( though there individual shows do work in the main )

I doubt I'll watch its re-incarnation with Evans , TFI Friday has to be one of the worse shows ever made and I don't see him making a success of Top Gear ... And I say this as someone who used to love his shows on GLR before he made it big

• Like 1

Wasn't impressed with episode. It used to be a great show, but the last few yrs it's just got stupid. The challenges when taken fairly seriously were class, but now it's all too staged and false. Glad it's come to an end really.