Top Gear

Jez

Wasn't impressed with episode. It used to be a great show, but the last few yrs it's just got stupid. The challenges when taken fairly seriously were class, but now it's all too staged and false. Glad it's come to an end really.

I thought that was one of the best things abotu SUnday's show.

For once it wasn't too staged or stupid. Obviously it was still set up. But it was a lot less silly than it's gotten.

I was curious but stuck with my decision to boycott the programme.

Over the years the BBC have ruined too many of my favourite programmes and I just can't stand to see the same happen to TG.

I consider Evans to be a scab for agreeing to do the show.

If the BBC sacked Clarkson on principle, let them pay the £50m cost of that principle, and no one should be attempting to mitigate the results of their choice.

If the BBC sacked Clarkson on principle, let them pay the £50m cost of that principle, and no one should be attempting to mitigate the results of their choice.

You'd be ok if a colleague punched you in the face at work you but the management decided to keep him on, and give him a new contract because he was a good salesman.

No you wouldn't.

You'd be ok if a colleague punched you in the face at work you but the management decided to keep him on, and give him a new contract because he was a good salesman.

No you wouldn't.

I keep reading this (or this sort of thing)

My view is, it would depend on the situation.

I would imagine 'scraps' take place in lots of industries and are sorted out in house, probably with a beer and a hand shake in some circumstances. It's usually people not connected to the incident that make the biggest fuss. Like people who complain about things on TV they didn't actually watch, or people that start petitions about Glastonbury, when they have never been!

Im not saying ALL industries or circumstances. Clearly, smacking someone in the gob in a corporate office environment probably wouldn't fly.

Well I jolly well enjoyed the final show, I found it very entertaining indeed. I think in general that this series has been the best for a while.

The BBC was right not to renew JC's contract, you just can't thump people like that. If you did the same thing at JLR you'd be out on your ear.

It's a shame, but if the Netflix rumours are true, maybe there'll be more to come and they can come up with some ideas and drop some of the old ones.

Really enjoyed Sunday's final episode.

The classic car film was great and enjoyed Hammond wing-walking whilst the other two strolled around.

The end was sad when the titles rolled without the TG Soundtrack. Just got the impression the Hammond & May were thinking "You've f****n ruined this Clarkson you idiot!"

• 4 weeks later...

Really enjoyed Sunday's final episode.

The classic car film was great and enjoyed Hammond wing-walking whilst the other two strolled around.

The end was sad when the titles rolled without the TG Soundtrack. Just got the impression the Hammond & May were thinking "You've f****n ruined this Clarkson you idiot!"

They wouldn't have been. From what I've heard they've been wanting out of Top Gear for quite some time.

They'll all make a killing doing something fresh and new. Or go to Nerflix and make the exact same show for 10 times the money.

So that's Mr. Too Much Annoying Personality and Mr. Not Much Personality.  Fantastic.  The only way I end up watching this programme is if the 3rd presenter is a naked Scarlett Johansson.

So, have Amazon Prime decided yet if they are the sort of employer that will turn a blind eye to bullying, or will risk sacking a 'star' that's a bully.

Similarly, will Jezza now have free reign to make racist jokes now he's free of the pc BBC.

We'll find out soon enough I guess. 

• Like 1

So that's Mr. Too Much Annoying Personality and Mr. Not Much Personality. Fantastic. The only way I end up watching this programme is if the 3rd presenter is a naked Scarlett Johansson.

Why do people keep saying things like this? It's only a TV show, I don't understand why people keep "protest ignoring" the programme before it even hits the air (and we all know we'll all watch it anyway).
  • Like 1