The push for the Play offs ?

hippo

2 hours ago, Woodytom said:

I don't think we have a hope in hell.

I don't think it's realistic for us to win anywhere near enough games due to the shocking mentality that stains the club. 

I wouldn't be at all surprised if we went down again. I have seen more organised teams play at Coles Lane in Sutton Coldfield this year than Aston Villa

There is absolutely no chance , IMO, of this team finishing in the play off places.

However,  on saying that , if we did do the monumental turn around in form it would take all season to make it happen would make us the form side in the top 6 and no one would want to play us in the play off games

43 minutes ago, Richard said:

There is absolutely no chance , IMO, of this team finishing in the play off places.

However,  on saying that , if we did do the monumental turn around in form it would take all season to make it happen would make us the form side in the top 6 and no one would want to play us in the play off games

It would be an achievement if this lot weren't playing League 1 football next season to be honest

• Like 2

If there was even the slightest sign of improvement or that we were learning from our mistakes, but so far there isn't.

Bruce would have seen us play now and hopefully made the obvious adjustments for tonight's game.

Do that, and then string a month or so of good enough results together and then we can start dreaming of the play off's.

As for right now, it's a pipe dream.

in theory we need 3 more wins than blues with with 34 games left to play, 9 points out of 102, with 6 of those points available against them

theres an awful lot of football left to play, if the penny drops before we reach 20 games played and we are less than 15 points off 6th then its doable IMO

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, sne said:

If there was even the slightest sign of improvement or that we were learning from our mistakes, but so far there isn't.

Bruce would have seen us play now and hopefully made the obvious adjustments for tonight's game.

Do that, and then string a month or so of good enough results together and then we can start dreaming of the play off's.

As for right now, it's a pipe dream.

Bruce has got his work cut out, I have seen better pub teams. Every time I watch Villa I have no idea what they are supposed to be doing, more worringly neither do the players. They play like 11 blokes who have never met each other before and who have all woken up after a night on the piss and been told to go and play a game of football.

• Like 2

This thread remind me of last seasons relegation thread when we were miles behind 19th and people still thought we were going to get out of it "oh there is still x amount of games left" no chance are we getting promoted this season. 

we need to focus on actually games short term, and play like a team foremost then the rest comes after. 

Teams have got into the playoffs over the last few years after losing 13/14 games in a season. We've lost 3 so far, and even though we haven't won away yet we've picked up points against teams that we expected would be around us (Derby/Ipswich), as well as been unbeaten at home. Okay, it's not quite 'Fortress Villa Park', but surely visiting Villa Park 6 times in a row and not seeing us lose is a bonus after the last few seasons!!

Are the playoffs a stretch for us- yes. Are they impossible- absolutely not. It is very obvious that we are not firing on all cylinders, but there are definitely positives to take. I still think we can do it, however knowing Villa my money is on us losing out on the last day of the season on goal difference........