The push for the Play offs ?

hippo

3 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Richards failed as a rb because of a lack of positional sense.

same for cb.

he won't simply come good as a midfielder all of a sudden.

with his "positioning" he might actually spend more time in defence if we play him in midfield

This squad of players should, with a half decent manager, win more games than not in this league. I think in Steve Bruce we have one of those now, so its not to late to drag ourselves up the league and into the playoffs. 

Part of our problem is that our players are scared to play at Villa park, they panic when their own fans get on them after each mistake.

I think part of the problem with this club is the atmosphere at Villa park. Its a very toxic atmosphere to play in. 

This is very evident now, we have set of new players and even they are struggling mentally when previously they had solid careers at their old clubs.

Steve Bruce has a huge task, its going to be tough for any manager coming in. 

2 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Part of our problem is that our players are scared to play at Villa park, they panic when their own fans get on them after each mistake.

I think part of the problem with this club is the atmosphere at Villa park. Its a very toxic atmosphere to play in. 

This is very evident now, we have set of new players and even they are struggling mentally when previously they had solid careers at their old clubs.

The fans seem more interested in intimidating the opposition fans then supporting the team properly.

6 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Errrm, if you haven't noticed we are hardly 'hot shots' away from home, so this theory really doesn't hold. The atmosphere at VP really isn't that bad. It's quite obvious right now at VP is that if you give the fans something to shout about (decent football, shots on goal, and well, goals) then they will respond. If you serve up utter shite then the fans will rightly not be too vocal. 

• Like 2

I was still optimistic about the play offs this time yesterday but after seeing the highlights just now....I'd be content when we get to 50 points.

What a sorry state of affairs given we have new owner, spent 50m, are in a weak division and yet we have won as many games as we were in our worst ever season in the premier league.

2 hours ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Nah, not having it.

They were well backed again today and offered nothing whatsoever.  The slightest effort, tackle, run, whatever ,was recognised.

Yes, the atmosphere goes sourer after an hour or so of tripe, but the majority of these fans latch onto any ray of hope.

And Preston away ?  And Bristol away ?  As well supported as you can get, yet dire performances.

I agree toxic atmospheres affect players but that just hasn't been the case this season

Periods of relative quiet, and groaning at mistakes, are not toxic.