The push for the Play offs ?

hippo

This promotion/playoff hope is becoming just a pipe dream with every passing week really need to start getting a few wins on the board looks more like a battle to stay out of League 1 rather than a challenge for the Premier League,

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Woodytom said:

This thread..... (as in that it was even started)

There's a promotion thread knocking around somewhere too. We'll be miles behind by the time janaury comes along and we'll need to buy 5 or 6 new players then to have any chance of the playoffs.

I think we can forget promotion this season

We look heavily gimped in the fitness department and were going to be playing catchup all season

Quite rediculous really considering last season we had the same issue and one of the reasons we went down because we had players blowing out their arses after 60 minutes.

The spineless midfield doesn't help either

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1

I guess it depends whether you are a pessimist or an optimist.

A pessimist would say "my god everything is terrible things couldn't be worse" whereas an optimist would say "oh yes they could".

Edited by terrytini

5 hours ago, terrytini said:

I guess it depends whether you are a pessimist or an optimist.

A pessimist would say "my god everything is terrible things couldn't be worse" whereas an optimist would say "oh yes they could".

but it has to be based on something Terry otherwise its just "pie in the sky"

I think it all depends on when the woeful football stops and we improve in our match day performance.

Its not necessarily being an optimist or a pessimist as a general persona .....its more about having something tangible on match day to be optimistic about.

Blind faith and divine intervention.....ain't going to help us I'm afraid.

right now, we are just trying to win a game....thats our immediate target, thats what it has come down to.

In our current state to be looking at play off places is just teasing ourselves.... we need to be avoiding the drop.

For me, The manager has to have things turned around by the end of November, with the major problems addressed - whether that be fitness, psychological, whatever! along with some points on the board and at least a few more places up the table (along with other fixtures being kind to us like they have been this weekend).

These are the minimum issues I feel and if not sorted I agree by then we will know for sure whether we give up the ghost this season and just solely focus on gaining finishing in a reputable position and build for next season.

Obviously I would like us to be able to get a few points on the board.. clamber through till January and will give us time to get a few names in and out and strengthen.

It's not easy, yet still not impossible either.

If we can turn the results around where we have thrown away so far this season mainly as draws, but win our next encounter against these teams then it should balance itself out in the notion philosophy of: Win as many of your home games as possible and at least draw as many away games as possible usually makes a good tonic for teams seeking the upper reaches of the league.

I think we can afford to still piss up a couple more results throughout the remainder of the season - but not many to still be in with a playoff shout at the very least!

Remember one thing.  Football is a very funny old game!

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

we wont be going up this year but i think we will be up there next season. can see the likes of ayew and amavi leaving so we may have  afew problems again next year

I remember a lot of people pre-season saying we'd piss the league, at least we'll win games in the Championship etc... then we were crap. Then after the transfer window "we're going to walk it now" etc etc.

There is nothing to suggest anything will change next year just because its a new season. On current form we'll potentially be relegated again.

There's some kind of cancer at the club, I can't put my finger on what it is as almost everything has been replaced.

It is probably a combination of a lot of things, but the big reason we are struggling again this season despite spending a fortune on players is simply because we failed to grasp just how important the midfield is.

Fitness, tactics, formations, confidence, individual errors, injuries, "bad luck" and so on all play a part. But without a midfield you can't build a stable functioning team able to adjusting to the particular challenge at hand.

Westwood is doing as expected, Gardner a bit worse than we hoped. But neither can have been expected to be leading players this season by anyone who has seen them play before.

Tish is a young prospect, who can't have been expected to carry the team, and as for Jedi he was either not scouted enough or went on a summer long bender because he looks bang out of shape both physically and mentally. Might even still be drunk? 

35 minutes ago, sne said:

and as for Jedi he was either not scouted enough or went on a summer long bender because he looks bang out of shape both physically and mentally. Might even still be drunk? 

Probably why he hasnt had a shave and looks a complete mess.

5 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Nah, I think Bruce can do it. 

No chance we need 10-15 wins and we cant even win one. not going to happen I am afraid. personally if these players are not up for the fight and cant handle the pressure then get lost we want winners here not losers.