January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

Really hope for better than Jenkinson at RB.

He's massively short of confidence at Arsenal and I think he's another of those we'll sign coming from a top 4 club who we quickly find is little better than our existing options.

Is Sam Byram still alive at West Ham? He's one I'd have liked to have seen us go after in the summer. Has hardly played at West Ham this season.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Really hope for better than Jenkinson at RB.

He's massively short of confidence at Arsenal and I think he's another of those we'll sign coming from a top 4 club who we quickly find is little better than our existing options.

Is Sam Byram still alive at West Ham? He's one I'd have liked to have seen us go after in the summer. Has hardly played at West Ham this season.

Think Byram has a long-term injury? I agree on Jenkinson, I doubt he'll be much improvement personally. 

10 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

You'd replace Baker in the first XI? He's tied with Chester and Kodjia for our player of the season so far IMO. 

We desperately need centre mids. At least 2 as it seems Tish has been completely frozen out. After that I'm not too fussed unless they are a clear improvement, I would say Gollini is not for Bruce and then Hutton is next on the block. 

Was a tricky call, but we need a new centre back and I don't believe in buying squad players, only players who will immediately improve the first team. 

I guess another option would be to get Toner back from Walsall. 

• Like 2

Alan Nixon on Twitter when asked about our transfer plans (protected account so can't post a link that works) says "Rhodes, Brady, You will spend"

Not that he is deffo ITK but he was first with a lot of players in the summer. Makes sense too, Tony will see the play-offs within his grasp and will blumin go for it. 

2 hours ago, nnock1984 said:

Was a tricky call, but we need a new centre back and I don't believe in buying squad players, only players who will immediately improve the first team. 

I guess another option would be to get Toner back from Walsall. 

I get what you're saying, but I would add that any player coming in will have to displace Baker. It is his shirt to lose, no question. Unless we are going to sign a player so obviously an improvement that it's a no brainer and I can't think of such signing off the top of my head, a realistic one anyway.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Alan Nixon on Twitter when asked about our transfer plans (protected account so can't post a link that works) says "Rhodes, Brady, You will spend"

Not that he is deffo ITK but he was first with a lot of players in the summer. Makes sense too, Tony will see the play-offs within his grasp and will blumin go for it. 

Rhodes maybe - but couldn't see Norwich selling Brady to a championship promotion rival - unless of course they still fancy Mccormack and we are up for a swap 

4 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I get what you're saying, but I would add that any player coming in will have to displace Baker. It is his shirt to lose, no question. Unless we are going to sign a player so obviously an improvement that it's a no brainer and I can't think of such signing off the top of my head, a realistic one anyway.

Or wait until Baker gets injured - usually about a month or so....

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I think if we were to sign players of that Championship level caliber and we don't finish in the playoff spots, Bruce will lose his job. 

2 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I think if we were to sign players of that Championship level caliber and we don't finish in the playoff spots, Bruce will lose his job. 

Seriously ?- Bruce has to do pretty poorly to loose his job IMO.  Hes got the paltry points haul of the RDM era as an excuse. Well justified IMO. 

Edited by hippo

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I think that's a very negative mindset, I think we'll go up via the play offs and finally win at Wembley to end that curse, my love for the football club will never wane, whatever the division, does the same go for you Dave?

13 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think that's a very negative mindset, I think we'll go up via the play offs and finally win at Wembley to end that curse, my love for the football club will never wane, whatever the division, does the same go for you Dave?

I have absolutely no idea what you think I meant by that, but it's clearly not what you think. 

Don't question my support mate, I'm there every bloody week. Even when the lower half of my leg is **** hanging off.    

Edit - Unless I've misunderstood you too, in which case yes I do. I think we will finish top 6 and I think we will win the playoffs.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

7 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

You don't think if he was to be given another £20m+ and we were to finish 8th he would lose his job? I do. 

I don't think that's negative. I think it's realistic. I don't want him to lose his job FFS!

If were to finish 8th and be 1or 2 points off the playoffs Bruce won't be sacked. If we were 8-10 points off I think he'd be in trouble. It's not actually where we finish that'll decide his fate it's how we do. I'm confident we will be in the playoffs and have been  since Bruce came in. If you look back at this season even under RDM we weren't far off Bruce has given us that little bit more so if he can get a few players in to add to that we will be fine. You could see yesterday he's not happy with the midfield. 

Let's hope he signs a couple straight away! Is Cleverley alive? Any idea how many loans we can have? No Januzai jokes please !!! 

Edited by dn1982

1 minute ago, dn1982 said:

If were to finish 8th and be 1or 2 points off the playoffs Bruce won't be sacked. If we were 8-10 points off I think he'd be in trouble. It's not actually where we finish that'll decide his fate it's how we do.

Possibly yes. However I guess I am of the mindset that he has a bloody good squad here with a couple of obvious holes in the middle of the park, which should they be filled (with this 20 million pounds) simply must perform better than it has. Or I would say that at least 2 points a game is going to be expected. Bruce himself set that target. 

If we don't make the playoffs based on that it will be more through a quirk of fate, hard luck, than anything else. 

We may have an abundance of front men but none that can play no 9 eloquently.

We need a striker who can lead the line and worry centre halves.

Kozak, Gabby, Gestede have weakness in their games.we can't seem to get anything from McCormack

i see Kodjia as an inside forward.

Edited by TRO

Just now, TRO said:

We may have an abundance of front men but none that can play no 9 eloquently.

We need a striker who can lead the line and worry centre halves.

Kozak, Gabby, Gestede have weakness in their games.

i see Kodjia as an inside forward.

Who would you suggest TRO?

38 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

You don't think if he was to be given another £20m+ and we were to finish 8th he would lose his job? I do. 

I don't think that's negative. I think it's realistic. I don't want him to lose his job FFS!

I don't want to us to break FFP rules, if they're still around, does the same go for you?

2 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I don't want to us to break FFP rules, if they're still around, does the same go for you?

Pretty sure DDID wants Bruce to get the sack, us not to go up and break FFP in the process. Not sure why you even need to ask.

• Like 3