January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

On 11/12/2016 at 15:04, sne said:

Looking at that Daryl Horgan fella? 

On 11/12/2016 at 14:45, Corcaigh said:

Villa Scout (along with Newcastle/Bristol City/Sunderland amongst others) at Austria - Ireland game this evening.

He didn't see any game time though.. :detect:

Just now, sne said:

Yeah but our scouts probably didn't know that beforehand.

True, but I think it would have been very naive of them to expect that he would have made his debut for any length of time during a crucial WC qualifier when there was experience on the bench. They must have had a more valid reason for traveling to Vienna. He will be playing in the Europa league in Dublin on Thurs night if they really wanted to see him in action.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, sne said:

Short term contract for Frank Lampard? January to end of season.

Leaving NYCFC, 38 y.o and a bit injury prone but still managed 15 goals in 31 games in the MLS.

I imagine he is leaving New York as he is done with football, could easily secure a new contract in the MLS I imagine...but who knows, maybe he longs to play in Aston and a nice trip to Rotherham next year.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, sne said:

Short term contract for Frank Lampard? January to end of season.

Leaving NYCFC, 38 y.o and a bit injury prone but still managed 15 goals in 31 games in the MLS.

From Joey Barton to Frank Lampard!. Probably couldn't get more opposite examples of professionalism, manners, and respectability

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

From Joey Barton to Frank Lampard!. Probably couldn't get more opposite examples of professionalism, manners, and respectability

...and intelligence...

Joey is much smarter and is a real intellectual. Frank can stick that GCSE in latin right up his arse.

Right Joey?

pg-JS2349_2882993a.jpg

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 05:23, sne said:

Are we hoping that Sherwood will sign some of our redundant players or are we signing any Swindon players in January?

I imagine he'll be in for Veretout, Gil,  and Kozak.

• Like 2

My picks.

CM - Lansbury, if we can pry him away from Forest. Maybe even look at Tom Rogic at Celtic. One of the best Aussie players at the moment. Also Morgan Sanson from Montpellier, a talented mid with lots of potential, whose contract expires at the end of the season.

RB - Hysaj from Napoli. Maybe Henley from Blackburn. At the end of the season, look at getting Flanagan from Liverpool, but on loan at the mo with Burnley. What is appealing about these guys is that they can play both sides of the pitch. Two seasons in a row we have had fullbacks out for the season. We should get two.

Edited by AJ

41 minutes ago, AJ said:

My picks.

CM - Lansbury, if we can pry him away from Forest. Maybe even look at Tom Rogic at Celtic. One of the best Aussie players at the moment. Also Morgan Sanson from Montpellier, a talented mid with lots of potential, whose contract expires at the end of the season.

RB - Hysaj from Napoli. Maybe Henley from Blackburn. At the end of the season, look at getting Flanagan from Liverpool, but on loan at the mo with Burnley. What is appealing about these guys is that they can play both sides of the pitch. Two seasons in a row we have had fullbacks out for the season. We should get two.

Been saying this for years.. we needed to sign him before he got too big for us. Whilst we are in the Championship.. i think he would think we are a step down now... He is class and will be one of australias greats if he can stay injury free. I like Lansbury too.. but if the talk that we dont have much room to spend due to FFP... what 'free' or loan options will be available?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, striker said:

Being preoccupied with former players coming back doesn't do it for me. Villa should be looking forward now and not into the past.

But they were so much better than what we have now.....