January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

Just now, Villan4Life said:

Toner maybe but massive no thanks to Richards :)

Maybe but with 5 players who can play central defense I don't think we need a 6th unless there are departures .

more concerned about a striker - I think bjarnason can do well if he plays wiDe so not too worried about a winger .

24 minutes ago, DK82 said:

We basically traded Gestede in for Hourihane, Bree and Bjarnason. Amazing work.

This is phenomenal work when you think about it. A manager and team of people behind the scenes that are actually able to identify weaknesses and resolve them for very little money. Unbelievable :D

• Like 3

Just now, It's Your Round said:

This is phenomenal work when you think about it. A manager and team of people behind the scenes that are actually able to identify weaknesses and resolve them for very little money. Unbelievable :D

We've all been calling for these signings, these type anyway, for months. So it is refreshing to see a management team actually notice where we need players too.

• Like 4

Just now, DK82 said:

We've all been calling for these signings, these type anyway, for months. So it is refreshing to see a management team actually notice where we need players too.

The good thing is we will have a fairly settled side for next season with little to be added in the summer .

A strong finish to the season and I'd bsck us next season to hit the ground running if we are still in this division come August 

Just now, Eastie said:

The good thing is we will have a fairly settled side for next season with little to be added in the summer .

A strong finish to the season and I'd bsck us next season to hit the ground running if we are still in this division come August 

Momentum from now, if we can build some, will be exactly what we need to head into next season.

9 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Even better is if Hourihane does even better here he'll leave for a huge profit.

Same for Bree we seem to have got him £1.4 million but in 3 years the lad could be worth 10x that if we nurture him correctly.

The great thing about these signings is they are good players, but unless something goes really really wrong they will be leaving us for a profit.

16 minutes ago, Daweii said:

Even better is if Hourihane does even better here he'll leave for a huge profit.

Same for Bree we seem to have got him £1.4 million but in 3 years the lad could be worth 10x that if we nurture him correctly.

The great thing about these signings is they are good players, but unless something goes really really wrong they will be leaving us for a profit.

When they do well here why would they want to leave and why would we want to be looking to make huge profits on them? We are no longer a selling club and Moneyball made a swift exit when the Doctor arrived. Onwards and upwards! 

• Like 3

What a fantastic transfer window so far, excellent business for such small outlay.

Just feels like the Hourihane deal, in particular, is the most significant and could go down as our best signing in years...I'm actually looking forward to seeing us play now with a much improved team that should have a lot of attacking potential. A goalscorer would be the icing on the cake but I'm more than satisfied with our dealings so far. Hopefully we can go on some sort of sustained run in the near future, who knows where we will end up? Still not giving up hope on 6th...

Ideally, if we could shift a few players on that would be even better & I'm so encouraged by the communication from the Doc, Wyness and co. as we seem to be very active and on the lookout for genuine worthwhile deals. I expect us to be active til the end of the window really, whether or not any further deals come off. Rhodes could be a deal that is pulled off near the deadline...

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 2