Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

5 hours ago, mrjc said:

Would people rather we lost or won against Middlesbrough?  I struggle with the thought of going into any game wanting us to lose (instinct just takes over)...however, I don't see Bruce turning this around and so a win in itself is pretty much meaningless.

Ultimately I think it would be better for our medium / long term if we were to lose and it forces the issue.  But it's pretty sad to feel like that

its a dilemma

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think Kodjia & Jedinak might save him.....which will subsequently turn draws in to wins.

I don't see anything else doing it.

I still can't quite get over what i was watching on Saturday......at one point i was just staring at the Holte End roof in disbelief as watching was too painful.....and I hadn't had a drink.

After about 15 minutes I knew it was going to be a bad day and had already begun staring into space.

16 hours ago, Nigel said:

Im not so sure we are as close as we think to losing Bruce.

All the powers that be have a lot of face saving to do if he fails, he will get more time than most IMO!

I actually think you are right.

but in my opinion, what we seen on Saturday was not a bad day at the office......all teams have lows, but that low was beyond the pale.....I thought that was a very serious low.

If I was manager, I would be extremely worried about that.

Bruce need STOP to do changing winning formation and positve football to loser formation and negative football, and which he is rely on sole player (kodija) which we need learn without him.

for example:- last season we were winning dec to jan in 433 formation and bruce decision change to 352/451 deep - what happen next? we are lose feb to april even kodjia play few games 3-5-2 / 4-5-1 (left winger) and he got injured and bruce decide we change to 433 and winning start again in may which too late for me.

** this season he DID same problem, we play winning load games by put opponent pressure and he played hogan and hourihane their strength which is go forward and play in opponent area to have to score the goals ..... what did happening.. it is working..  ie hourihane hat trick is happen closer to opponent box and play positive football style, and he score long range and score inside, hogan was same.

** bruce, he revert to long ball which hogan struggle do it useless with davis he might can cope but both never together on the pitch same time... and hourihane kept bypass by long ball to davis which make opponent more time to close our midfield to easy track to stop us to goal.

why, why, why bruce, dropping these type of the football, and revert to play deep and negative football which been proofed that it is "NOT" working by last season and this season. what happen hogan? he don't score anymore, what happen to hourihane he not effective as before. he insist this formation and style is his winning method which not right.

for me Bruce need go or willing to returned changing back to winning formation and style even not his strength and style... "Tough \ hard luck"  him, he will learn it and adjustment, adopted it and he will become be good manager be fair if do this way. 

if he won't back to these way and he know where door, or wise kick his butt out of the door.

• Like 1

Hey , Grasshopper , what's with all this Bruce out madness ? I recall me and you singing that song months ago , and if I recall correctly , we got pelters for it , nobody wanted to hear a note . Now look ! Everyone's humming the tune .;)

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think Kodjia & Jedinak might save him.....which will subsequently turn draws in to wins.

I don't see anything else doing it.

I still can't quite get over what i was watching on Saturday......at one point i was just staring at the Holte End roof in disbelief as watching was too painful.....and I hadn't had a drink.

I was in the holte upper looking down at some of the paint flaking off the steps in trinity road, thinking what suitable paint id use for a long lasting job

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Bruce will not stop doing what Bruce does. He is totally **** deluded. He genuinely believes what he is doing is right, the way he plays is right, it's the players fault. He watches another team completely outplay us and then no doubt questions why one of his £40k a week players hasn't won him the game.

It's the same shit we saw last year, the same shit we saw in pre season, and the same shit we have seen this year, it will continue to be the same shit.

"Just needs to get the players fit,  another window, a pre season, a run of games, an international break to get them on the training pitch, another £60k a week PL footballer."

BRUCE. GET THE **** OUT!

What do we do in training. Please, someone answer it. How can we continually get dicked by teams with £200k footballers. How are we set up so bad? Why do we create nothing?

Pound for pound we are the shittest team in the country.

if Bruce cant stop or change, or carry on the same stuff , so best way is fired him right now and replace who manager "CAN" change the team to better - will solve the first problem.. 
what i see bruce problem he not playing - player not play their strength THAT what the problem at moment. that what players squad he HAS in currently have to deal it until his player come in . good manager can deal it and adjust to these squad which bruce not..

if second problem still same "players" who cant play the manager way even manager play their strength - this meant player need to go, and manager need find player who is suit's style manager way ..
it is manager job to find one, players that problem is manager who sign fail to play his style so meant to he is wrong buy player - manager fault.

bruce been give 2 transfer windows and still same problem, so he is the one problem especial winter transfer he is spent "LOAD moneys and don't fix his tactical and player not suitable his style" that reason he is not good and cost LOAD our money and FFP is mess cos these windows transfer!  hourihane is football type and lansbury is football type, Onomah is football type yet bruce is bypass the midfield and rely forward it is waste time to buy player, hogan is football type, he is waste money because bruce sign him as target man and not suit this roles when kozak or gestuse could play fit in bruce style.

i don't idea what bruce try teach them in training, i think important training is what tactical and focus it, and improve it, learn mistake, with better coaching who understand manager tactical and teach players to manager style.. what i see, the player look like lost and, and not learnt it mistake and improvement and same problem go on go on go on. that might signal need new manager and know what to do.

• Like 1

Aston Villa manager Steve Bruce:

"It was frustrating, disappointing and (I'm) thankful to take a point. Sam Johnstone earned his spurs.

"I can readily understand the frustration of the fans as this was arguably the worst we have been since I've been here at Villa in the last nine months.

"We didn't have any spark, we didn't do enough with or without the ball. We looked jaded and I take responsibility for that. I should have known better after having 90% of the team away on international duty."

Brentford manager Dean Smith:

"It was a good point but we should have collected three points.

"We controlled the football and in the second half created three big chances. Unfortunately Sam Johnstone, who I had (on loan) at Walsall, kept us at bay.

"We are an organised team despite losing three big players during the transfer window but I do not think we have diminished the quality of the squad."

"controlled the football", "organised team", we could do with some of that, sold their best players but the strength of the unit has meant they aren't diminished as a squad. We really should not be sticking with Bruce if there is any chance of getting Smith or anyone else that will actually be able to coach the players into being a team and not a random collection of footballers wearing the same shirts. 

• Like 1

I am not a fan of Bruce, didn't want him to come in the first place, and have not been impressed in his tactics since he came. BUT, had Kodjia not got injured, and we have been able to play him from the start of the season, and he took a couple of chances that other players sadly missed, how would of that affected the confidence of others around him? How would that of affected the fans and atmosphere in the stadium? How would it of affected the tactics we were playing if the player had more confidence and the fans had more to cheer about? 

Quite a few teams rely on one big players, typically a goal scorer. No huge shame there. 

The questions for me are:

1. What has Bruce done regarding Plan B when Kodjia is out injured or off form?

2. What has done Bruce done regarding other player options? 

For 1, sadly very little, hence most the comments here. 

For 2, pretty much everything in his power. He bought one of the best strikers in the league in Jan in Hogan, promoted youth with Davis, and tried other players in the other attacking roles. Yes, he could have bought another forward in the summer window, but we all know what FFP has done to the club. 

So, it's all about 1. And Bruce's plan B has been shocking. Long ball, misguided tactics he has  self criticised. We have known about Kodjia missing the first few games for a long time. he had an entire summer to plan for it and yet Davis had minimal game time and we never found a system that best utlised Hogan. 

Time to go. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

90% of the team away on international duty...............really?

I haven't tried to check, but I thought someone posted on here that there were 5 away.  Someone also said Brentford had 9 away, which sounds unlikely.

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

Hey , Grasshopper , what's with all this Bruce out madness ? I recall me and you singing that song months ago , and if I recall correctly , we got pelters for it , nobody wanted to hear a note . Now look ! Everyone's humming the tune .;)

Everyone apart from Steve Bruce. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

It wasn't an issue.

Our problems don't revolve around our manager being away for a weekend.

Our problems are because our manager is shit.

And part of him being shit is choosing to go on holiday over working with the team to improve things. 

Â