Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

49 minutes ago, clip on mullet said:

Personally I think Tuesday night is make or break for Bruce. We win it and it kick starts our season.

Win and we lose away at Barnsley and draw the next match. This man is even crap at false dawns. It's painfully obvious we are going nowhere with SB. We can't on giving him until the next match. 

This is why many are saying they'll take a loss if it means getting rid of him. They don't want to prolong the pain and the **** painfully obvious.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

After about 15 minutes I knew it was going to be a bad day and had already begun staring into space.

I know there are rakes of things we can talk about that game.....but who was supposed to be picking up woods the ginger kid no 15.....he had the freedom of the park

That was the worst case of deficiency I have seen since we used to do that with Scholes when we played United...However scholes was elusive.....It was schoolboy stuff.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

That's why hopefully he will be sacked regardless of the result. It's pointless judging him on a game by game basis. I'd like to believe the board feel the same way.

I do agree with that, you can't just keep waiting around for the next debacle.....He's either the right man or he isn't.

I also believe that all managers have set backs all of them experience bad days......but a game like Saturday signified to me more than just a bad day, something is fundamentally wrong with this setup.

I could have run on the pitch in every few minutes if i was allowed to do a stop the action programme and say what was that then, why are you doing that, and why aren't you doing this.

1 hour ago, clip on mullet said:

Personally I think Tuesday night is make or break for Bruce. We win it and it kick starts our season. 

I've seen nothing in nearly 11 months to suggest it would "kick start" anything. It will just prolong the agony.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Can't afford to lose or draw many. 4 points off the play offs at the moment, I think? We want to hover around there all season if not get higher. It don't take long for the season to be written off in the Championship.

Hover around the play offs !!??

So even 8th- or lower as long as we are a few points off ?

I can picture that is exactly the logic Bruce will be using.

We need to be setting the pace !!!! Top 2/3.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, TRO said:

I know there are rakes of things we can talk about that game.....but who was supposed to be picking up woods the ginger kid no 15.....he had the freedom of the park

That was the worst case of deficiency I have seen since we used to do that with Scholes when we played United...However scholes was elusive.....It was schoolboy stuff.

Especially aggravating as the same kid did the same thing last season !!!

And we were ALL stood there saying it before the game !!

Just mind boggling.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Especially aggravating as the same kid did the same thing last season !!!

And we were ALL stood there saying it before the game !!

Just mind boggling.

Unacceptably naive.

The thing is Terry, I never doubted in terms of what you was witnessing on the park and complaining about.

where we differed.....I honestly thought Steve Bruce would turn this around and he would achieve, much like we did against Norwich.

I am still staggered he hasn't.....but what I seen on Saturday allied to the Cardiff Game, it is clear I was wrong, sadly.

We need to deal with this now speedily.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I have to say , regardless of my distaste for all things Bruce ,never ,never , would I whish us to lose a game .

Your house is burning down. Only way out involves destroying something precious. 

In short IF you think we need him gone it follows you think we get more points without him. Therefore by hoping we WIN you are actually risking that we LOSE in the long run.

Edited by terrytini
  • Like 2

He is slowly becoming one of the most annoying anf gradually is starting to go down as one of our worst managers for as long as I remember.

I'll tell you where I'm at..

We could win 9-0 tomorrow night and I still want him sacked, gone, resigned, assinated, whatever!

He had the 4-2 Victory against Norwich and that for me was the 'We're off' for more for this season and we should have kicked on from that. Sadly we have not and just gone back to the dross.

Enough is enough now. 

Do we really need to go down the protest route again.. I hope not!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, USA_Villa said:

Brentford have dominated us the last two times we played them. Don't understand how we can be so poorly prepared for a game. They lost their three best players the week before and still took us apart. Embarrassing. 

and what is out motto.................?

16 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Hover around the play offs !!??

So even 8th- or lower as long as we are a few points off ?

I can picture that is exactly the logic Bruce will be using.

We need to be setting the pace !!!! Top 2/3.

I agree, but that's nothing but a pipe dream to float around 2nd-3rd

13 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

He is slowly becoming one of the most annoying anf gradually is starting to go down as one of our worst managers for as long as I remember.

I'll tell you where I'm at..

We could win 9-0 tomorrow night and I still want him sacked, gone, resigned, assinated, whatever!

He had the 4-2 Victory against Norwich and that for me was the 'We're off' for more for this season and we should have kicked on from that. Sadly we have not and just gone back to the dross.

Enough is enough now. 

Do we really need to go down the protest route again.. I hope not!

You know how much I have defended him but this is where i am......Its not the poor result on Saturday that has changed my mind.....Its the level that that team stooped to......anyone who is developing a team, will have poor days....that was serious ineptitude.....even if we win the next game, I fear we will revisit that kind of performance.....its not progressive.

I have sat through managers developing teams over the years and have witnessed reversals.....but after 10 months .......That. shameful.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Your house is burning down. Only way out involves destroying something precious. 

In short IF you think we need him gone it follows you think we get more points without him. Therefore by hoping we WIN you are actually risking that we LOSE in the long run.

My life doesn't depend on whether Villa win or not , so your analogy doesn't quite work for me .

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

My life doesn't depend on whether Villa win or not , so your analogy doesn't quite work for me .

due to all the frustration of late and my whingeing in the house.

The wife has ensnared me in a 48 faceted contraption attached to my computer seat that culminates in a double barrel shotgun aimed at my temple and linked to sky sports results.

I need a win tomorrow, my life depends on it.:huh:

Edited by TRO
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

58 minutes ago, NottingVilla said:

Win and we lose away at Barnsley and draw the next match. This man is even crap at false dawns. It's painfully obvious we are going nowhere with SB. We can't on giving him until the next match. 

This is why many are saying they'll take a loss if it means getting rid of him. They don't want to prolong the pain and the **** painfully obvious.

I agree. Bruce needs to go. I think we will lose tomorrow night but if we do win i personally feel we'll might kick on. This is mainly down to the opposition.

Take a look at MNF and see what an ambitious progressive hard-working young manager can do with minimal resources. 

Shocking, absolutely shocking the shite we have to put up with at VP

Past time for Bruce to go and take Wyness with you

Edited by VillaCas

Â