Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

21 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I appreciate that it was completely the exception to the norm, but I really don't understand how we can play as we did against Norwich but then be completely woeful in the following games.

It makes no sense.

I think combination of forced into changes and norwich being **** shit. 

23 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I appreciate that it was completely the exception to the norm, but I really don't understand how we can play as we did against Norwich but then be completely woeful in the following games.

It makes no sense.

We played a much better opponent at this current time. Norwich are awful and even in that game they controlled the ball for periods of the game. We just kept hitting them with powerful counter attacks and they couldn't handle it. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

8 hours ago, mrjc said:

Would people rather we lost or won against Middlesbrough?  I struggle with the thought of going into any game wanting us to lose (instinct just takes over)...however, I don't see Bruce turning this around and so a win in itself is pretty much meaningless.

Ultimately I think it would be better for our medium / long term if we were to lose and it forces the issue.  But it's pretty sad to feel like that

I wanted us to lose after Reading. First time in my life I've ever gone to a game hoping we'd lose was Norwich. Precisely because I was worried that what has happened would happen.

It led to me watching our only decent performance for God knows how long practically sat on my hands !!! Hated it. And hated being in such turmoil !! As a guy who usually sings for most a game it was very tough.

But we went and Won then did it again against Wigan in the only game I've missed in an eternity.

Then Saturday I thought, ok, I might as well just forget everything and enjoy it.

Some chance.

So now I'm sorry to say I hope we get beat. We need this to end and anything less than a defeat he will continue. If we win he will get the rest of the games up to the break.

• Like 4

Personally I think Tuesday night is make or break for Bruce. We win it and it kick starts our season. We lose and Bruce is gone. We were joint favourites for the title with Middlesbrough at the start of the season and this game will show us how far we're behind or not.

Its a must win game. We're at home and cant fall any further behind. We will only be 7 games in but for me to far behind to catch up.

14 minutes ago, USA_Villa said:

it's 6pm, any news from Villa Park yet?

Any news of an emergency meeting of the board, or reporters waiting at the back of the North Stand? Anything?

Xias latest tweet about getting behind the team leads me to think he is still backing Bruce :( 

9 minutes ago, clip on mullet said:

Personally I think Tuesday night is make or break for Bruce. We win it and it kick starts our season. We lose and Bruce is gone. We were joint favourites for the title with Middlesbrough at the start of the season and this game will show us how far we're behind or not.

Its a must win game. We're at home and cant fall any further behind. We will only be 7 games in but for me to far behind to catch up.

I think if we win we will then flop at Barnsley - it will just  prolong the inevitable.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

Can't afford to lose or draw many. 4 points off the play offs at the moment, I think? We want to hover around there all season if not get higher. It don't take long for the season to be written off in the Championship.

That's why hopefully he will be sacked regardless of the result. It's pointless judging him on a game by game basis. I'd like to believe the board feel the same way.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

My faith and feelings towards xia slowly decrease every day.

What did you expect him to tweet, lose and your out...... The Dr is essentially Bruce's boss, he cannot do something which would undermine his position, lawyers would be lining up to take the case and then if the Dr approaches you for the job how would you react knowing he publicly held the previous manager out to dry..........

6 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I have to say , regardless of my distaste for all things Bruce ,never ,never , would I whish us to lose a game .

I must say, I can't succumb to that....but I understand why.

fans just want to be on the right road to gradual improvement

13 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

What did you expect him to tweet, lose and your out...... The Dr is essentially Bruce's boss, he cannot do something which would undermine his position, lawyers would be lining up to take the case and then if the Dr approaches you for the job how would you react knowing he publicly held the previous manager out to dry..........

I don't really care what he tweets. It's the fact steve bruce still has a job. 

• Like 2

Â