Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

3 hours ago, Deisler123 said:

it is just the last straw. Plus those who have been defending for SB (unfortunately they have power in the club) cannot defend anymore if we lose again. 

A young, tactically-capable and enthusiastic manager is what we need. I very much doubt that SB has assistants that can train players well, so the new manager has to have a team coming with him. 

Let's hope we can see an OA the morning after the next game.

A million times this, for me not necessarily the young part, but definitely all the rest, the crucial point is that they bring/create a good coaching setup. It's clear what we've had a for a good while is not fit for purpose. I'd like to think he's gone even if we get a point, we need 3 desperately.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Junxs said:

Wish it had also said in there that whilst Dean Smith was preparing for this game, Bruce decided to take a holiday to Portugal. 

Yeah but it wasn't an issue. Not like he could have been working on ways to improve things. 

12 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Yeah but it wasn't an issue. Not like he could have been working on ways to improve things. 

It wasn't an issue.

Our problems don't revolve around our manager being away for a weekend.

Our problems are because our manager is shit.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Phumfeinz said:

Honestly preferred Paul Lambert to this guy, and I really didn't like Paul Lambert

I hated the football under Lambert but would take it any day of the week over the current shit being served up.

It also looks like another 3 points dropped tomorrow night.

How much longer is the club going to sit on its hands while we sleepwalk towards financial ruin.

I know we wouldn't get a replacement manager in by tomorrow but i'd feel more confident of getting something out the game if anybody else other than Bruce was in charge.

Edited by AshVilla

I witnessed what you poor buggers have to put up with on a weekly basis at the weekend. I am now firmly in the Bruce out camp. I had hope that he may turn it around and we would build momentum as the season went along, but all I saw was a disjointed performance where we never really looked like scoring, and gave up plenty of opportunities to the opposition. Football moves on at a pace, and our manager has not changed his ways or evolved at all during his managerial career. I think this job is probably too big for him, and he is best suited to smaller teams that are the underdog.

15 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I really want this to get to 1000 pages before he is sacked. Don't know why. 

32 pages to go before reaching 1000 pages from 968 (current page). It took 8 days from page 936 till 968.

so you want to have 8 days before SB is sacked?

No, thank you. Not even 1 more day!

(although SB is likely to have more than 8 days if he wins tomorrow, sadly)

Edited by Deisler123

1 minute ago, Deisler123 said:

32 pages to go before reaching 1000 pages from 968 (current page). It took 8 days from page 936 till 968.

so you want to have 8 days before SB is sacked?

No, thank you. Not even 1 more day!

Nice math(s)! 

1 hour ago, villabromsgrove said:

I can feel your pain, but unfortunately if we somehow win tomorrow no matter how badly we play, "four points from the last two games" will be trumpeted by the Villa management hierarchy. Bruce will remain in a job and continue to unintentionally screw our season up.

If those running the club really make big strategic decisions like changing the manager on the basis of whether we win or lose the next game, then things are even more desperate than I thought.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, peterms said:

If those running the club really make big strategic decisions like changing the manager on the basis of whether we win or lose the next game, then things are even more desperate than I thought.

The fact he is still here having had over 40 games of mostly turgid dire football and we are in 18 th position shows those running the club are not doing very well on football side of it . 

Should have been sacked after the Bristol city game and a replacement should have in place by now . 

2 minutes ago, peterms said:

I honestly think that "those running the club" are dreading having to sack Steve Bruce, because it will put their previous decision making under a fan and media microscope. In my opinion they are praying for a win tomorrow tonight in order to avoid having to terminate Bruce's contract so that they can maintain the status quo.

Instead of praying for miracles their reaction should be to hold up their collective hands, admit failure and look to rectify that failure with a really positive managerial appointment .... whatever it costs!

• Like 4

Just now, villabromsgrove said:

I honestly think that "those running the club" are dreading having to sack Steve Bruce, because it will put their previous decision making under a fan and media microscope. In my opinion they are praying for a win tomorrow tonight in order to avoid having to terminate Bruce's contract so that they can maintain the status quo.

Instead of praying for miracles their reaction should be to hold up their collective hands, admit failure and look to rectify that failure with a really positive managerial appointment .... whatever it costs!

Exactly , its time for  xia to man up and wyness to hold his hands up and fire Bruce - the longer they prolong this farce the more criticism they will attract .

i can accept their mistake but cannot accept their not having the balls to do something about it ! 

• Like 1

Â