Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Every time he opens his mouth now there are more and more excuses, more and more admissions of failure, more and more blaming of the players, more and more bemoaning his funds, more and more over the top criticism of the Club, and NO indication he thinks he is messing up.

How can they even contemplate him staying with all that verbal garbage to add to the failed playing garbage ?

I don't want him here for his football, his attitude, or his results.

Cant support him any longer REGARDLESS of results.

Gone from 3/10 to 0/10 since the defeat....all from his own mouth.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, villasteed said:

It seems that my diplomatic opinion is in the minority here. To me it would be crazy to sack our manager after just 2 games - Bruce's first full season. I understand the Cardiff game was totally unacceptable and if there are more performances like this one, I'll be calling for Bruce to go too. But let's see where we are after 10 games. I don't think that's too much to ask. 

I'm certainly not accepting mediocrity, as suggested in other posts, but sacking Bruce doesn't guarantee success. If anything, it could cause even more disharmony and yet another season of mediocrity and transition. In the same way, we don't know that Bruce is going to fail like many are suggesting. We simply don't know what will happen..

And who can we get who will replace Bruce? It's a very serious question that no one has answered. 

Fair points.

On the other hand, our season of transition has turned into a decade of transition.   People are fed up waiting.  This isn't Bruce's fault, he's just the latest figurehead.  But that doesn't get him off.

Sacking him may not be a panacea, but the football is just so dire, any change would come as a relief.  In the season just gone, when I could get a stream, I probably spent half the match playing videogames, it was so boring.

It's not all Bruce's fault.  But he has to go anyway.  Please.

1 minute ago, terrytini said:

Every time he opens his mouth now there are more and more excuses, more and more admissions of failure, more and more blaming of the players, more and more bemoaning his funds, more and more over the top criticism of the Club, and NO indication he thinks he is messing up.

How can they even contemplate him staying with all that verbal garbage to add to the failed playing garbage ?

I don't want him here for his football, his attitude, or his results.

Cant support him any longer REGARDLESS of results.

Gone from 3/10 to 0/10 since the defeat....all from his own mouth.

I don't think hes very likeable 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Can I get link to read this DC, sounds like a dead man walking. 

His exact quote was 

“I’d love to be signing 26-year-olds. People are saying we’re Dad’s Army. But players are £15m to sign and fortunes in wages. We have had to be a bit shrewd.”

After signing Terry, Whelan and Samba he's now coming out with this after 2 losses. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, terrytini said:

That last lot of comments makes my blood boil.

I hope the owner and players are as annoyed with him as I am, and with any luck he will be sacked before tomorrow's game.

I'm very worried that Wyness won't want to acknowledge his mistake and Xia gets sucked into the whole stability thing. 

• Like 2

Just now, DCJonah said:

I'm very worried that Wyness won't want to acknowledge his mistake and Xia gets sucked into the whole stability thing. 

I'm not.

I thought Wynesses comments about needing 70/80 goals or whatever were aimed at Bruce, and additionally I get the feeling the Doc has already put him on notice.

Could be wrong of course but I think they are lining someone up. Having said that win the next two and Xia will come out positively for Bruce.

So I'm not worried for the reasons you are, but I am worried they won't act if he gets a couple of results.

• Like 1

I'm not his biggest fan and do think he needs to go but, I don't think he's to blame for the sale of Baker. I read on the OS that he didn't have any thoughts on Baker leaving and was then told Bristol City had made an offer that the club thought was good. He said Baker wanted first team football but he couldn't guarantee him it and so he wanted to go. Pointless keeping a player that wants away.

I also don't agree with the claims the signings weren't his wanting. He said he needed cover for Jedinak so that explains Whelan. Terry was available so that was an obvious one. Elmohamady was also an easy one to point at Bruce. My concern with the Elmohamady signing is that Bruce sees him as the flair player we need to create more chances - I don't see that.

16 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Wyness and Xia may be the problem, Bruce the visible symptom.

Do they actually know what they are doing? Don't look like it to me.

• Like 1

Â