Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Boards have sacked managers after series of wins.

It's about the bigger picture, not the last result or 2.

completely agree, even if he won the next two games before the break the writing is already on the wall

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, paul1984 said:

completely agree, even if he won the next two games before the break the writing is already on the wall

Wins now, as elusive as they are......are just papering over the cracks.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, TRO said:

I don't think we need to see anymore.....the time has been given.

I don’t need to see anymore, nor do many on here. 

But I fear the board will stick with him if we manage to pick up six points from the next two games. 

It shows just how shit this league is that we are only 6 points off the top. 

I don't care that the squad is unbalanced, a half decent manager would have this team competing for top 2.

We won't get a better chance than this. If he is replaced now and the new guy can bring in a CB a LB, and a GK in January we are still very much in the race. 

It needs to happen soon. 

5 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

I don’t need to see anymore, nor do many on here. 

But I fear the board will stick with him if we manage to pick up six points from the next two games. 

I genuinely would hope that the board have assessed his performances over the last 2yrs, not the next 2 games. 

2 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Bruce has a history of just doing enough to stay in the job, especially when it seems certain he’ll be gone he puts a little run together. The next two are relatively easier games so I can him winning those to somehow stay safe again. 

I think you have a point.....but as opposed to the owners.......we the fans have seen the pattern, he has been given enough time for your claim to be bona fide.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, paul1984 said:

15th now but only 6 off 1st place after 10 games.

He has to go before the end of the international break its essential if we are to go up this year.

It's so frustrating chap. If we played to our abilities from day one we would be pissing this league. No one is proving themselves to be promotion favourites at the moment, other than maybe West brom.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, av1 said:

I genuinely would hope that the board have assessed his performances over the last 2yrs, not the next 2 games. 

Yep I would hope so too.

But then if that is the case, I don’t see why he’s being given the next two games at all. 

3 minutes ago, honest_bertie said:

What anoys me most is that bruce is lowering and has been lowering expectations ever since he’s been here, i’m sick him and his self preservation retoreic. So much so that i now almost dont care if we win or loose, i want some hope but instead i just feel apathy!

I say loose.....cut him loose.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Pulis might not be eveyones cup of tea but he has done what bruce has failed to do in half the time.

Bruce out

Even if Pulis was available, I wouldn't want him. Yes he's better at getting results but I'm just so tired of the turgid football we've had to put up with for all these years. I don't expect us to go after some dogmatic tiki-taka manager, but someone who isn't stuck in the 70s/80s and who isn't afraid to try and win games sometimes is a must.

• Like 1

I am watching rotherham v Stoke.....watched WHU v Man U.

it doesn't matter who i watch or at what level......i do not see teams closed down as easily or as often as we are.

something is drastically wrong with us.

• Like 1

Believe it or not it was interesting listening to Stephen Warnock talk about Mourinho earlier, and how his Man Utd team is a reflection of him. He was using Chelsea as a good example,  describing how the team from the Conte era hasn't changed drastically, yet the way they play football has improved immeasurably.

It just made me think about the potential in this team, and how we just need a better manager to realise that potential.

• Like 4

Its just so bloody ironic that as soon as an opportunity,presents itself, like this league at the moment......we can't capitalise.

we just seem so bloody predictable in just about every aspect of the club.

10 minutes ago, TRO said:

I am watching rotherham v Stoke.....watched WHU v Man U.

it doesn't matter who i watch or at what level......i do not see teams closed down as easily or as often as we are.

something is drastically wrong with us.

I watched us last night and we hardly tried to close down the opposition in their third - the ball came forward way too easily! 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Bruce has a history of just doing enough to stay in the job, especially when it seems certain he’ll be gone he puts a little run together. The next two are relatively easier games so I can him winning those to somehow stay safe again. 

He'll stay for awhile still. Our run doesn't look poor enough to the outside, and sacking him is too expensive. Not enough pain yet for the new owners.

• Like 1

Â