Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

3 hours ago, screwdriver said:

this interview is classic 48 laws of power stuff.  Where In the past he has praised their playmaker bannan before the game and the little shit has ran the show the next day. so Brucie has deliberately (and probably insincerely) highlighted Forestieri who he secretly knows isn't playing to give the due respect to the other team without giving them respect. It's a master stroke to disarm the owls. Bruce has shown fantastic leadership during this so called crisis cheque book managers like Pep, Jose  etc can only dream about. Only Rafa's tracksuitgate blow out can top it.

az616578.vo.msecnd.net&s=511&h=aa466b74b

4 hours ago, terrytini said:

In the last few days alone......

His comments after the game about 2 strikers, his comments that we’ve lost over half a team, his comment re a suspended opposition player, and his comment about not playing a DM this year, his comment about the intelligence of the fans, and ‘ we are where we want to be’ after 9 games............

........should, regardless of anything else he’s done good or bad, regardless of the availability of a suitable alternative, mean dismissal immediately after today’s game. No two ways about it.

If necessary Mark Delaney should take temporary charge.

Terry I am yet to come across a manager in my time following us that hasn't on occasions spouted an absolute load of false tripe in interviews. I don't take that much notice of what managers of other clubs have to say but I dare say they do the same. It's what most of them do when under pressure and they feel backed into a corner or are being, in their opinion, unfairly criticised. It is not a sackable offence though.

What will determine how long Bruce remains here will be results. Now some would say he should therefore have gone after last season. I'd personally have had no issue with that as he assembled a squad good enough for promotion and by not achieving therefore failed. I think we did come close enough though to justify keeping him and given the turbulent summer we had I can see why the new owners decided for now continuity in the managerial and coaching staff may be a good thing.

I also get why some think that after 7/8 games we are again coming up short and he should be sacked. Again I'd have no issue with that but can also see that we are integrating a handful of new players and it is very early days and whilst we are falling short of what I'd have expected, given who we have played, we are still within spitting distance of the top 2.

I really get that some of us are frothing at the mouth in wanting him out but I do find it tiresome that every word/action is being dissected to land another punch on him. We won the other night, played pretty well as a team and 3 or 4 players put in some very promising performances that gave me at least a hope of what may be possible week in week out. The focus though for many was on the words that come out of the managers mouth and the win was secondary. I'd just like to see the focus be on results and to a lesser extent performances and all this side show he said crap left alone. He is fair game for the criticism on results and performances for me but some of the personal insults are way over the top. Him reacting is also petty and he should rise above it. Quite frankly we all as adults should.

Anyway I am off to VP to hopefully see another win and decent performance. 

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Terry I am yet to come across a manager in my time following us that hasn't on occasions spouted an absolute load of false tripe in interviews. I don't take that much notice of what managers of other clubs have to say but I dare say they do the same. It's what most of them do when under pressure and they feel backed into a corner or are being, in their opinion, unfairly criticised. It is not a sackable offence though.

What will determine how long Bruce remains here will be results. Now some would say he should therefore have gone after last season. I'd personally have had no issue with that as he assembled a squad good enough for promotion and by not achieving therefore failed. I think we did come close enough though to justify keeping him and given the turbulent summer we had I can see why the new owners decided for now continuity in the managerial and coaching staff may be a good thing.

I also get why some think that after 7/8 games we are again coming up short and he should be sacked. Again I'd have no issue with that but can also see that we are integrating a handful of new players and it is very early days and whilst we are falling short of what I'd have expected, given who we have played, we are still within spitting distance of the top 2.

I really get that some of us are frothing at the mouth in wanting him out but I do find it tiresome that every word/action is being dissected to land another punch on him. We won the other night, played pretty well as a team and 3 or 4 players put in some very promising performances that gave me at least a hope of what may be possible week in week out. The focus though for many was on the words that come out of the managers mouth and the win was secondary. I'd just like to see the focus be on results and to a lesser extent performances and all this side show he said crap left alone. He is fair game for the criticism on results and performances for me but some of the personal insults are way over the top. Him reacting is also petty and he should rise above it. Quite frankly we all as adults should.

Any way I am off to VP to hopefully see another win and decent performance. 

FWIW...i Concur......just off myself.

• Like 1

I think we can all agree that most of us want him gone. But the fact remains he is here for the foreseeable future. So the only thing we can really do is try and watch Aston Villa and hope the results keep coming.  

The anger towards Bruce from some isn’t going to go away and that’s totally understandable.

But seriously if it’s getting that bad for a person then they should just take a break from the Villa until he is gone. Nobody is forcing fans to watch games so if it’s that upsetting just don’t watch.

I look forward to villa games as it’s part and parcel of life. Even if I know the football will be poor I still enjoy watching otherwise why would I bother? 

But if it ever got to the stage that watching games actually distressed me I would call it a day. 

@markavfc40 I’m not frothing at the mouth...( I know you didn’t specify me !).... and am ambivalent as to whether he goes results wise....past caring to be honest he’s never going to change, the debate is never going to change.

Hell be gone when they get their own man anyway.

Im aware of Managers and their utterings.

I think this is different. He is basically either lying or deluded in his statements about selection, and is clearly having trouble emotionally.

If they don’t call a halt I’m sure it will end very messily.

Just how I see it.

As for ‘new player integration’ I think it’s hogwash. And if he DID want any understanding on that score some consistency of selection would’ve helped.

Am already at ground looking forward to the football element !

• Like 1

On 19/09/2018 at 10:19, Stevo985 said:

I hope we don't play two up top.

Nearly every time we've tried it we've been poor. Even last night I wasn't convinced the change in formation particularly suited us, despite the result and decent performance.

I don't think there's anything wrong with our usual formation to be honest. We're too negative at times and the defensive uncertainty has cost us this season.
It's more the approach that needs to be changed, not the formation. Two up front doesn't automatically make you more attacking. It depends on how you play

Just leaving this here after that first half

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Just leaving this here after that first half

We’ve put in more than our fair share of poor performances with one up top this year, so whether we play one or two up top seems fairly irrelevant.

As you’ve said, it’s the approach that needs work. If only we could employ someone who could recognise and implement this kinda stuff...

Â