Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

No issues with today's performance. Was it perfect? No.. but we cannot expect to always trounce teams. I remember Newcastle last season having some really bad games and winning. As long as we win, I do not mind.

Well done Bruce, staff and team.

Oh and... I'd have also been happy with 0-0.

33 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Fair play, he set us up to be hard to beat tonight and pulled it off.

It's always a hard place to go, and this season they've conceded less than 1 per game at Bramall Lane.

We asked him to step up to the plate after Brentford, and we've now won 5 on the spin and conceded 1 goal...

No arguments from me. UTV!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Bit by bit all the problems we have been subjected to for years seem to be getting rectified. Full crefit for Bruce.

Lose a game and the haters will be out in force again.

The league position shouts loudest and nobody can argue with our current position.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, terrytini said:

A quick word for his Subs tonight, in subtle ways they set up that winning goal. Crucially they were positive in intent, I love that we now look for the Win right until the last ...great stuff.

Yeah we haven't seen that push to the very end for many years. In the championship you just have to go for it and that mentality seems to have set in. If that same mentality can now be transferred into the fight back to get back in the game when we are down then we will be the real deal! 

• Like 1

Second best team tonight, but the bloke knows how to get results. Watching second half I was critical for him a] not having attacking options bench b] not making a sub. But If anything the substitutions made by the Utd manager cost them points as they ruined their flow and altered the way they played. 

A run of wins like this is massive

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AndyC said:

Bit by bit all the problems we have been subjected to for years seem to be getting rectified. Full crefit for Bruce.

Lose a game and the haters will be out in force again.

The league position shouts loudest and nobody can argue with our current position.

Honestly, what is the point in this? Why are we in a world where legitimate opinion makes people cry and call others haters? Not suggesting you are crying, this is not aimed at you, it is aimed at people in general who refuse to accept that Bruce has got things WRONG, and he has also got things RIGHT.

• Thanks 4

13 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

You did say that and followed it up with

Thats the part that people have called you out on as i cant see anyone has said that. I agree on your point about signing someone for the sake of it but we seriously saying their are no better strikers that can score more than two league goals or isn't always injured like RHM and gabby? 

Ok but they're two completely separate points. 

Again, I'm confused by the confusion. 

I'm not slagging Bruce off again this season unless he majorly screws up. Before the season started odd goal victories were predicted and that's happening. Its obviously his way to get out of this league!

Well done Steve & Co - you'e doing great!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Ok but they're two completely separate points. 

Again, I'm confused by the confusion. 

No one is disagreeing with the point about signing players for the sake of it. We all agree no point signing Someone if he is no better than Hogan or davis. If the post was left there then i think everyone would agree with that post. It's the part where you said people are writing davis off which i dont think is accurate as dont see many people doing that just highlighting his goal scoring record.

As for bruce 1 goal conceded in 5! Terrific Jeff!

8 hours ago, Dick said:

Honestly, what is the point in this? Why are we in a world where legitimate opinion makes people cry and call others haters? Not suggesting you are crying, this is not aimed at you, it is aimed at people in general who refuse to accept that Bruce has got things WRONG, and he has also got things RIGHT.

Here here. Absolutely spot on Dick.

Some folk can't just seem to let it go or indeed get over it that we had a bad patch that warranted the crisitsm he got at the time.

We had one yesterday trying the same thing in another thread too. Just move on, seriously.

Credit where credit is due, Bruce has now got us with 5 wins in a row - Fantastic in my eyes and this was what we have wanted to see all along as we knew as a collective unit this is what we are capable of as a team. Onwards and upwards. :thumb:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

No one is disagreeing with the point about signing players for the sake of it. We all agree no point signing Someone if he is no better than Hogan or davis. If the post was left there then i think everyone would agree with that post. It's the part where you said people are writing davis off which i dont think is accurate as dont see many people doing that just highlighting his goal scoring record.

As for bruce 1 goal conceded in 5! Terrific Jeff!

1 goal conceded in 5

11 scored

3 1-0 away wins

5-0 at home to Bristol City

Delighred.

• Like 2

Â