Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

30 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

What Bruce as had, in comparison to the half dozen managers before him, is stability from above, and the obvious sense of security that brings. It helps to know that your enthusiasm for the job is reciprocated by all above you. Without that solidarity,  there is no way we would be in our present position. There's no doubting, he has steadied the ship, and for that, I commend him, but you have to acknowledge the facilitating factor of stability .

So you 'commend' him but believe it all to be because of the ownership?

Christ alive man, he's done more than stabilise, stability would be midtable.

It's okay mate honestly, you can put aside personal feelings to view something objectively, honestly we won't judge you or anything...........

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

It's okay mate honestly, you can put aside personal feelings to view something objectively, honestly we won't judge you or anything...........

It is funny.....but he is right.

I think we have to acknowledge the club as a whole appears to be all pulling in the same direction.

Bravo, I say.

Sheepy said he commends Bruce, but also commends the hierarchy for supporting him words to that effect.

I think he is right, on that point.

I think they have all done well.

Edited by TRO

Just now, TRO said:

Sheepy said he commends Bruce, but also commends the hierarchy for supporting him words to that effect.

I think he is right.

Okay, I read it as a back handed compliment personally.

He stretched as far as conceding that Bruce has steadied the ship, off the back of 5 wins and 3rd place one point off 2nd.

No debate as to whether the new ownership and staff have played an important part in our revival of course, as have the playing staff now assembled, the coaching staff, the social media guys and the fans. Everyone has played a part, obviously.

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

It is funny.....but he is right.

I think we have to acknowledge the club as a whole appears to be all pulling in the same direction.

Bravo, I say.

Them

17 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Posted with a complete lack of irony. 

Find a post where I have slagged Bruce on a personal level, if not , then drop me out ,and find yourself a rubic cube, to fill the void.

2 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

No debate as to whether the new ownership and staff have played an important part in our revival of course, as have the playing staff now assembled, the coaching staff, the social media guys and the fans. Everyone has played a part, obviously.

Fwiw, I agree Steve Agnew played a massive part in saving Bruces arse from potentially getting the sack.

Make no coincidence our fortunes on all fronts have totally been "together" since the turn on the year.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think he is right, on that point.

Thanks TRO , it doesn't take much to see things for what they are .

3 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Okay, I read it as a back handed compliment personally.

He stretched as far as conceding that Bruce has steadied the ship, off the back of 5 wins and 3rd place one point off 2nd.

think of Brexit.....small gains.

Look we all need to lighten up......I love Brucie.......sounds like a show ( Oh that was I LOVE LUCY in the 60's)

but, I do think Wyness, Round and Xia have all been helpful to Steve.....long may it continue in my eyes.

There is no "I" in team......Its a team effort from all behind the scenes.

9 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Thanks TRO , it doesn't take much to see things for what they are .

I am honestly not trying to sit on the fence.....but we all love the club, that is for certain.

All of us see things differently, thats life.....It would be boring if it was any other way.

We all think we are right.

However.....point scoring IMO is cheap....

Lets wallow in the moment enjoy our wins, try to keep the pressure on the opposition, but be gracious if we encounter a bloody nose ( it will happen on a bad day)

Ps as you know I do agree also with much of what BFHV writes, so I can see all sides.

UTV

Edited by TRO

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

think of Brexit.....small gains.

Look we all need to lighten up......I love Brucie.......sounds like a show ( Oh that was I LOVE LUCY in the 60's)

but, I do think Wyness, Round and Xia have all been helpful to Steve.....long may it continue in my eyes.

There is no "I" in team......Its a team effort from all behind the scenes.

Ron Saunders wouldn't last a day in today's game, such was is insistence on having control in the running of all things football. It's a different world, totally.

19 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Ron Saunders wouldn't last a day in today's game, such was is insistence on having control in the running of all things football. It's a different world, totally.

It is different....But the likes of Ron or Cloughie only adapt to the surroundings or allowances of the day.....They would have to change and blend with the contemporary conditions.

It is very difficult to compare characters from one era to another, because they lay their bed accordingly to the era.

Steve Bruce himself is classed in some quarters as a Dinosaur.....I don't want to draw you on that, but I disagree, I think he his cutting his cloth according to what he has and he will change when he has progressed and has better quality at his disposal.

What do I honestly see Steve as......mid table Premier league up to top 6 manager.....I see Steve alongside Sean Dyche, David Moyes, Sam Allardyce, Alan Pardew, Tony Pulis....that sort of Company.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

I am honestly not trying to sit on the fence.....but we all love the club, that is for certain.

All of us see things differently, thats life.....It would be boring if it was any other way.

We all think we are right.

However.....point scoring IMO is cheap....

Lets wallow in the moment enjoy our wins, try to keep the pressure on the opposition, but be gracious if we encounter a bloody nose ( it will happen on a bad day)

Ps as you know I do agree also with much of what BFHV writes, so I can see all sides.

UTV

It's not about agreeing . How boring that would be . All my criticism of Bruce, has been about his football, and that only, never once have I posted anything abusive towards him as a person, so don't Infer otherwise . As for being right , well that's for others to judge, either way, you have to tolerate the opinion of others, or else, what's the point of VT .

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

It is different....But the likes of Ron or Cloughie only adapt to the surroundings or allowances of the day.....They would have to change and blend with the contemporary conditions.

It is very difficult to compare characters from one era to another, because they lay their bed accordingly to the era.

Steve Bruce himself is classed in some quarters as a Dinosaur.....I don't want to draw you on that, but I disagree, I think he his cutting his cloth according to what he has and he will change when he has progressed and has better quality at his disposal.

What do I honestly see Steve as......mid table Premier league up to top 6 manager.....I see Steve alongside Sean Dyche, David Moyes, Sam Allardyce, Alan Pardew, Tony Pulis....that Company.

I'm tempted to get contentious, but, another day maybe.

1 minute ago, sheepyvillian said:

It's not about agreeing . How boring that would be . All my criticism of Bruce, has been about his football, and that only, never once have I posted anything abusive towards him as a person, so don't Infer otherwise . As for being right , well that's for others to judge, either way, you have to tolerate the opinion of others, or else, what's the point of VT .

No I don't think you have and I wasn't inferring that.....I was equally not aiming point scoring at you or anyone....just a general observation.

Well I love a difference of opinion....otherwise I would learn nothing.

I wasn't keen on the football either, but felt it was part of the development, so Kind of accepted it.....just love winning.

Happy days Sheepy.....We ALL deserve it.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TRO said:

No I don't think you have and I wasn't inferring that.....I was equally not aiming point scoring at you or anyone....just a general observation.

Well I love a difference of opinion....otherwise I would learn nothing.

I wasn't keen on the football either, but felt it was part of the development, so Kind of accepted it.....just love winning.

Happy days Sheepy.....We ALL deserve it.

I didn't mean you, apologies if it read that way .

17 minutes ago, TRO said:

What do I honestly see Steve as......mid table Premier league up to top 6 manager.....I see Steve alongside Sean Dyche, David Moyes, Sam Allardyce, Alan Pardew, Tony Pulis....that Company.

Big gap between Big Sam and the rest of that pack imho. Not sure where Steve would fit in to be honest. Its an interesting question though. But Big Sam is the best of the bunch by some distance, and I dont particularly like him or his football nor would I want him here. But he absolutely knows what he is doing.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Big gap between Big Sam and the rest of that pack imho. Not sure where Steve would fit in to be honest. Its an interesting question though. But Big Sam is the best of the bunch by some distance, and I dont particularly like him or his football nor would I want him here. But he absolutely knows what he is doing.

I agree. Sean Dyche has done an amazing job at Burnley as well.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I agree. Sean Dyche has done an amazing job at Burnley as well.

Now there is a manager who I admire having done a phenominal job in 6 years, all on a shoe string and they're currently flirting around the top 6.

No real big name signings and barely a penny spent in his near 6 seasons. Full of admiration for the job he is doing there.

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 2

Â