Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

3 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Here here. Absolutely spot on Dick.

Some folk can't just seem to let it go or indeed get over it that we had a bad patch that warranted the crisitsm he got at the time.

We had one yesterday trying the same thing in another thread too. Just move on, seriously.

Credit where credit is due, Bruce has now got us with 5 wins in a row - Fantastic in my eyes and this was what we have wanted to see all along as we knew as a collective unit this is what we are capable of as a team. Onwards and upwards. :thumb:

I’m enjoying the form, long may it continue. But if Bruce - or any manager in the future is not getting things right - I will say. We are Aston Villa FC, not Steve Bruce FC.

Same if Xia messes up, or a player - it doesn’t make me, or anybody else with legitimate worries, a hater.

Now, let’s get on with this good feeling :)  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, a m ole said:

don’t pretend for a minute it wouldn’t be the opposite way round if we were losing games and dropping out the playoffs lads!

It would mean things were not right, so people are entitled to question it.

Let’senjoy this good feeling instead of hitting out at each other.

1 minute ago, a m ole said:

don’t pretend for a minute it wouldn’t be the opposite way round if we were losing games and dropping out the playoffs lads!

It would mean things were not right, so people are entitled to question it.

Let’senjoy this good feeling instead of hitting out at each other.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Yeah, just read this thread for the month of December... then read it for January.

Hysteria does not breed from victorys or feel good factors.

Enjoy the moment and focus on the now.  :thumb:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

No one is disagreeing with the point about signing players for the sake of it. We all agree no point signing Someone if he is no better than Hogan or davis. If the post was left there then i think everyone would agree with that post. It's the part where you said people are writing davis off which i dont think is accurate as dont see many people doing that just highlighting his goal scoring record.

As for bruce 1 goal conceded in 5! Terrific Jeff!

Fine. 

I have seen people talk as if Hogan is our only forward, he isn't. Davis is a very capable player. Rushan Hepburn-Murphy is a capable player too and I'm not one to overhype youth. 

Perhaps people haven't been "writing him off" as such, but they are making out as if it's easy to find players better than Davis. I disagree with that notion.  

9 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Fine. 

I have seen people talk as if Hogan is our only forward, he isn't. Davis is a very capable player. Rushan Hepburn-Murphy is a capable player too and I'm not one to overhype youth. 

Perhaps people haven't been "writing him off" as such, but they are making out as if it's easy to find players better than Davis. I disagree with that notion.  

Fair enough I get that. Davis is a very good player with a lot of potential I just have my doubts whether he can score the amount of goals needed by a striker. I have only seen glimpses of RHM but the problem with his is he is very injury prone. Then we have gabby the less said about him the better! 

I think we do need a forward as I can't see McCormack coming back and bruce using him. Two of our forwards are injury prone therefore I am concerned if that were to happen we would be short in that area.

It's not worth the gamble hopefully we can get someone of ulloa quality to help as I think if we can i am feeling quietly confident we are going up.

Man this is awesome 

5 hours ago, a m ole said:

Just like Man Utd fans wouldn't be happy with Mourinho if they were losing games and dropping out of the Champions League places!

12 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Who though? I don't think it's anywhere near as easy as people think. 

I appreciate it must be difficult to secure a decent loan in January.  I just don't think we have enough firepower up front. Really hope it doesn't cost us.  

So how about Bruce gets us up and then goes off to enjoy life in Miami with Becks....

STEVE BRUCE is top of David Beckham’s wishlist to be boss of his new Miami team in the MLS.

Aston Villa chief Bruce will be officially approached when Beckham gets the go-ahead for Miami to join the American league.

Sorry - it's the Sun

15 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Who though? I don't think it's anywhere near as easy as people think. 

Doug - you are surely generalising here right - you are not serious surely in stating that it's not easy  to find a better striker than Gabby?

Doug - there is one sat at home on his sofa recovering from jet lag .

Â