Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

8 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Fine. 

I have seen people talk as if Hogan is our only forward, he isn't. Davis is a very capable player. Rushan Hepburn-Murphy is a capable player too and I'm not one to overhype youth. 

Perhaps people haven't been "writing him off" as such, but they are making out as if it's easy to find players better than Davis. I disagree with that notion.  

Dave, when you are 19 it is unlikely you have perfected all the necessary attributes to be a complete player,....some players never do as you know.

I think Keinan will be a fine player if he keeps improving and developing his game ( the goals will come with addition confidence)....but right now its a bit hit and miss and our season requires more than that up front.

We need experience now and a player who has developed the full compliment of skills.

However, we do have talented kids, just not sure if the pressure will affect them or they are quite ready for a promotion challenge.....they may its going today, we may well get to see.

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

It was great.

If we go up, I'll remember that goal as a real high point in the season.

When we have all settled in our heads for a decent away point in terms of results......That goal!!!! ......changes everything, it will be an iconic moment for us, for some time.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

Dave, when you are 19 it is unlikely you have perfected all the necessary attributes to be a complete player,....some players never do as you know.

I think Keinan will be a fine player if he keeps improving and developing his game ( the goals will come with addition confidence)....but right now its a bit hit and miss and our season requires more than that up front.

We need experience now and a player who has developed the full compliment of skills.

However, we do have talented kids, just not sure if the pressure will affect them or they are quite ready for a promotion challenge.....they may its going today, we may well get to see.

TRO - as always a measured and balanced post - which I agree with the majority of, however like a few others I do have reservations as to his goal scoring prowess- this aside I still feel he can develop into a fine player if not a goal machine 

1 hour ago, Eastie said:

Think it’s 2020 before they will be ready in any case - that article was posted on here 10 weeks ago .

probably more likely to be Garry Neville than Steve Bruce 

Phil Neville will take it once he's won the 'World Cup for women' with 'England' 

1 hour ago, Dave J said:

Doug - you are surely generalising here right - you are not serious surely in stating that it's not easy  to find a better striker than Gabby?

Doug - there is one sat at home on his sofa recovering from jet lag .

Gabby is 4th choice for me. You aren't going to get a striker on loan who is coming in to be 4th choice. At least not a decent one. Must your every waking thought be about Agbonlahor?

Grabban would appear to be the signing and for me he is 2nd in the pecking order. That's the kind of signing I was looking for. 

Clear enough? Can we put this to bed now?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Gabby is 4th choice for me. You aren't going to get a striker on loan who is coming in to be 4th choice. At least not a decent one. Must your every waking thought be about Agbonlahor?

Grabban would appear to be the signing and for me he is 2nd in the pecking order. That's the kind of signing I was looking for. 

I’d probably put rhm ahead of gabby too 

41 minutes ago, TRO said:

So you missed the point too and I bet you've never even played football manager. 

Those players aren't ten a penny. We might have found one so well done all, they managed to complete a difficult task. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Hence 4th choice. 5th if Grabban confirms.

Ross isn't even in the squad. He is in no pecking order. 

Sorry Dave I was including grabban so agree 5th choice , I thought you were including grabban and had gabby at 4th .

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Doug you started it - I only responded would you prefer no feedback/ response to your posting ? And yes I agree Grabban would be an asset to us.

15 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Sorry Dave I was including grabban so agree 5th choice , I thought you were including grabban and had gabby at 4th .

I'm quite disappointed. I was about to give your first post a 'like', since I thought you meant Grabban would be second behind Gabby, which surely would have been top trolling of @Dave J

EDIT: Which I completely misread 'rhm' for 'him', but never mind :D

Edited by HanoiVillan
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Dave J said:

Doug you started it - I only responded would you prefer no feedback/ response to your posting ? And yes I agree Grabban would be an asset to us.

I never mentioned Gabby. I assumed most normal people would realise I wasn't counting him in to anything. 

In fact, I mentioned Hogan, RHM and Davis only by name. Signing a striker better than Gabby alone would have been utterly pointless. 

4 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I never mentioned Gabby. I assumed most normal people would realise I wasn't counting him in to anything. 

In fact, I mentioned Hogan, RHM and Davis only by name. Signing a striker better than Gabby alone would have been utterly pointless. 

Signing a striker better than Gabby would have meant we had a better 4th choice striker. How is that utterly pointless?

26 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Signing a striker better than Gabby would have meant we had a better 4th choice striker. How is that utterly pointless?

Because as has been rightly pointed out Gabby is shit. So signing a striker just because he's better than Gabby would be ridiculous. 

Maybe pointless was the wrong word but if that is what we were reduced to - a player who isn't as good as two 19 year olds leading the line, we can kiss goodbye to promotion regardless.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Because as has been rightly pointed out Gabby is shit. So signing a striker just because he's better than Gabby would be ridiculous. 

Maybe pointless was the wrong word but if that is what we were reduced to - a player who isn't as good as two 19 year olds leading the line, we can kiss goodbye to promotion regardless.

Maybe this striker could be infinitely better than Gabby ( not all that difficult is it )

6 hours ago, villarocker said:

Just like Man Utd fans wouldn't be happy with Mourinho if they were losing games and dropping out of the Champions League places!

well yes, exactly, people will always highlight posts from the past that go against the current narrative. that's all I was saying.

Â